Brainstorming about a repair meet and a BIG EVENT.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Brainstorming about a repair meet and a BIG EVENT.

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 am

Hi club members. I got a lot of static because I failed to plan my time adequately and ended up postponing a repair meet twice. When we had it, no one showed up (although one member got lost). One tech
is demoralized by this and got really upset at me and said he may have had enough with our So.Cal chapter. Added to this is we lost our sponsor. Well, I am going to try again as I never say die. Now, I just need
a garage and someone who is willing to volunteer their time. Any thoughts?

In January, we are going to do a big roadtrip event to an airport with barbaque and perhaps a train ride.

I am thinking of unofficially calling some folks to join me at Bobs Big Boy one of these Fridays.

Definition of unofficial : No announcement. Just call some people, hope they show, and then bug them once before the meet.

Definition of official: 6 announcements, call many people, send out fliers, and lobby them to the point where they are almost pissed off.

Thats the way its been. I am going to try not to get bent out of shape when half my members pull no-shows. We are GOING to get more members, we are GOING to pull off better meets,
and we are GOING to make this club the best it can be.

I took a lot of heat about the repair meet and the fact is very few people in So.Cal would lift a finger for this club.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Upcoming Events