Gary with 84 TC Conv
Mike with 85 TC Conv
Paul with 84 TC Wagon
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: The 8th Big Chrysler K-Car Show. Fall Fling 2010. Oct 30th,

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:24 am

Well, we are doing better. No record like last time, but I should be okay. A lot of new members should be coming, with a lot of old ones not coming. Oh well, Fall Fling tends to be smaller in numbers for our club than Spring Fling, don't know why, Here is who I know for sure is coming:

Myself with 1989 Dodge Aries LE Coupe
Gary Barrymore with 1984 Chrysler LeBaron TC Conv
Nick Zotovick with 1986 Chrysler LeBaron TC Wagon
Mike Hennessey with 1986 Chrysler LeBaron TC Conv
Pual Nix with 1985 Chrysler LeBaron TC Wagon
Marcie Sherman with 1986 Chrysler LeBaron TC Conv
David Whalen (our first member, who I haven't seen in three years) as committed to attempting to organizing a K-car rally
from Palm Springs to Van Nuys, and he alone has two K-cars and is looking for a third. 8) He alone might be able to boost our ranks. I hope, I hope... 8) 8) In other words, he might succeed in hauling 3-4 K-cars over to our show. Go Dave!
Oh yeah, Herman with his 1984 Dodge Aries 4dr Sedan. I am forgetting!

Members who I think will be there, but have yet to confirm:
George Nerrie with 1982 LeBaron Coupe
Jay Thompson with 84 LeBaron TC Wagon
Robert Rummler with 85 LeBaron TC Conv

I know of about 5-10 more cars which is anybodys guess. I know the ones who never commit to anything.

I also invited the Shelby Dodge Auto Club and a handful of them have committed to coming and should help plus
up the FWD group.
89ARIES

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Just got a positive confirmation.

George Nerrie is coming with the last in existence 82 LeBaron 2dr Hardtop with sunroof. Really, one of
my favorite cars in the club. George has literally shown up at every meet we've had since day 1, even when his car
was out of commission. He is not even a carnut, but I guess he appreciates the social aspect of the club
I try very hard to promote. He is a really nice guy and sent me all those nice photos.

Of course, one of my fears is that some people come just because they don't want to say "no" to me, or because I am just plain annoying, or whatever, and maybe thats why some people aren't coming this time around. But, most of the reasons for not showing looked legit. It just made me mad that I gave them 1.5 months notice, and no response, I have to email them a few times, finally send one personal message, and "I'll be out of town, sorry". That I find upsetting.

Case in point, I leaked out to one member that "we were having a lot of cancellations, and that I only do 4 events a year, and I guess we'll have to just soldier on" when this member said he wasn't coming. Then he changed his mind and said he would talk to his family and see if he could make it, as long as a member he dislikes is not there, but he said for me not to hold my breath, and that his car has a new scratch he is ashamed of. I will bet he his not coming, though he has come to some events before.

I have one member that told me 6 times in a row he would try to make it to an event. When he offered mechanical help for the club, he blew me off when I tried to refer to him a young lady with engine trouble on her 2.6 Reliant. He is the only member that works on the 2.6 alone in this club. He never returned my phone calls and ignored my emails. I tried to help him with a referral even when his car was malfunctioning, despite all this, and will continue to do so. However, I am through with ever phoning or emailing him. The only member I am just not going to waste any time with. I don't think he likes me very much.

Finally, I have another member who offered his home for us to an event. He totally blew me off and never answered his phone for 3 years and rarely my emails. He did show up to one event, about 2 hours late. I gave up on him as well, but only one member in the entire club I dislike. He is not one of those. Just kind of flightly with very poor protocal.

George is extremely punctual and feels bad if he forgets to call me RIGHT AWAY. I don't want him to think of me as a hardnose that will just suddenly get angry if he doesn't respond, though I have come across that way to people that ignore me. There are far more important things than this club for people to focus their priorities on. But, George is a great guy and one of my best members ( don't get me wrong, you are all great) but he offers me great support.

Chief has been my inspiration in the club for not giving up and learning how to deal with people I didn't agree with or had trouble working with. He is my biggest support for morale and leadership in the club.

Bottomline, nearly nobody in this club really takes this club as seriously as I do.

I was kinda of in a bad mood yesterday because my entire TC Wagon fleet dropped out of the show, but I think when the smoke clears, we should still have 7-9 cars.

A have some members that have been very loyal, or are really committed is a better word.

With the economy going bad, and more stuff, we are bound to have some downsizing, but on a positive note a lot
of the attendees this time around are going to be new members. 8)

Long live the CKCC. I will never give up on the club, unless I become a priest, then I will have to give up the throne. 8)
89ARIES

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:35 am

Just got some more very good news. I am simply amazed. Nick just bought the next to last living 1982 Chrysler leBaron TC Wagon and is shipping it to California. It will be the only 82 TC Wagon in California period. He is selling his 86 Convertible to Ron, and both of them want to come to the Fall Fling. And Dave of Palm Springs, who has 2 K-cars, is eyeing an 87 LeBaron sedan and wants to form a K-car rally from Palm Springs to Los Angeles.. 8) 8) 8)
89ARIES

Postby Hemi-Dude » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:41 am

89ARIES wrote:Confirmed. Not nearly enough. Hopefully I can get some more:

Myself with 89 Aries Coupe
Nick with 86 LeBaron Conv
Gary with 84 T&C Conv
Mike with 85 T&C Conv
Paul with 84 T&C Wagon

Does it even matter if I am bringing my '85 Voyager? So far I don't see myself on the CONFIRMED list.
TCs are only the Maserati cars, the others are Town & Country, whatever.
Hemi-Dude

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:49 am

Of course it matters. Aaron Curtice is also bringing his 1988 Chrysler New Yorker C Sedan which will be parked with us. You will be parking with us. I have also invited the Shelby Dodge Auto Club to park with us. The more we work together, the better chance we have to survive. 8)
89ARIES

Postby nszotovich » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:50 am

It is looking like the '82 Town and Country I purchased will not be arriving in CA in time for the show. So it's just the '86 TC convertible and me on the 30th.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events