Nationwide Chrysler Show. Sacramento, Ca. July 2009.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Nationwide Chrysler Show. Sacramento, Ca. July 2009.

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:14 am

What do ya guys think. We have 15 members in So. Cal and 6 members in No. Cal. I found this huge nationwide car club called WPC Chrysler Products Club. They are open to all Chrysler products, even K-cars! Even better, they have K-car members that go to their shows. I am not yet a member of WPC, but I might join. There is a fee of $35. They posted a link to our club! At their last annual show back east, 4 K-car owners without a K-car club showed up. They were all woody LeBaron convertibles. Guess what, this summer, their show is going to be in Sacramento in late July 2009. I thought this might be a good launching point to get some advertising for our club. I know a lot of you are up in that area and would like to have a meet sometime. I was thinking of organizing a K-car cruise up to Sacramento and try to get all the southern members involved. However, there are some challenges.

Number 1: How many of you would really be motivated to take a 700 round trip drive to Sacramento.
Number 2: How many of your cars do you feel could make it up there.
Number 3: How many of you would have the money to get up there (including myself).
Number 4: How many of you would even show up.

Thats the key. I will toy with this idea for a couple months, and then make a decision based on your feedback. Some of you are more motivated or more interested than others. Some of you are too busy. And of course, some of you have more important things to do then spend hours in front of the computer in carworld. Anyways, just a thought. I really want to organize a road trip club event where we all take a drive together, with mechanics (our members) in tow as back-ups, since some of you can work on your own cars. It would be so much fun. Car checklist before departure, cell-phone communication, scenic route along the beach, restaurant, etc. That is my dream for our next goal as a club. 330 members is not bad after 1.5 year of backbreaking work, due in no small part to Jeff Koch and Gustav of Hemmings, Ruston Calisch, Tom Chrysler, and all of you who without your interest and motivation this club could not exist. In fact, a Swede from Sweden has been writing articles about us and in turns out a few 80s LeBaron Ks exist over there. We have 2 Russian members who can't get parts. They love American cars. I hope to gain more interest in this club and get our ranks up to 1,000 members so we have a voice. However, I am just happy to know that there should always be some interest in keeping a K-car in existence. Hey, we are doing better than the 80s yahoo auto groups for Chevy Cavalier! Cavalier seems to be dying out. However, the 80s Ford Taurus and Tempo clubs have 1,000 members. Also, a young Canadian is attempting to start the first active Chevy Citations Forever club.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Nationwide Chrysler Show. Sacramento, Ca. July 2009.

Postby dodgeariesguy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:49 pm

Calling All Canadian K-Cars! Guy has given me an idea! As I'm sure many of you know there are plenty of car shows in Canada during the summer and if you want to we could all join up at Canadas Largest All Mopar Event! Moparfest 2009! Its held in New Hamburg, Ontario which is pretty central and that is why it is held there. It takes place on August 15 & 16. If any Canadians have some interest in it please respond as well! Heres a link: http://www.moparfest.com/
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby TomChrysler » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi Guy and K Club members!

I will be in Sacramento for this event (I'm also on the committee). I can't wait to see everyone at this event. It is rare for the WPC club to meet in California. The last WPC meet was held in beautiful downtown Burbank in 2005. Before that, the last meet held in California was in 1998. Most of the meets are held back east, so this is a real treat for us Californians.

I hope y'all can make it for a little Northern hospitality.

Giving you my best,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby Baron » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:51 am

I will definitely plan on being there as I live in Woodland, only some 20 miles out of Sacramento. I am so glad to have been given a heads-up on this event. So many times it seems like I hear about them AFTER they've occurred. This sounds like it will be a real treat. And my 68 Plymouth Fury will definitely have to drive there.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby TomChrysler » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:08 am

Yes Baron! It will be a great event. Also, since you have a 1968 Plymouth Fury, you may want to check out http://www.CapitalCityMopars.com. They are a local Mopar club that supports the '68's vintage. They meet at the Towe Auto Museum on the first Tuesday of every month starting in January 2009. (they currently meet at the Rancho Cordoba Elks Lodge)

Giving you my best,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby Baron » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:35 am

Thanks Tom, I will definitely check it out. Already checked out the WPC Chrysler Parts Club and am thinking of joining it, as well. May have to watch myself- make sure I don't spread myself- and my money- too thin. haha

Duncan
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Return to Upcoming Events