The BIG K car show. Sun,May4th at Woodley Park, Van Nuys, Ca

Moderator: 89ARIES

The BIG K car show. Sun,May4th at Woodley Park, Van Nuys, Ca

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:53 pm

On Sunday, May 4th, the club is integrating a car show with the huge Mopar one to be held at Woodley Park in Van Nuys. The huge Mopar show is called Spring Fling 2008 and will be hosted at this park on the 3rd and 4th. There will about 500 cars there each day. This show is one of the biggest Mopar car shows west of the Mississippi River. It is HUGE and there will be booths, parts for sale, food, and more. There will be some K cars there on Sunday. Our goal is to integrate our show with their show for the purposes of advertising the club, having fun, and getting as many K cars as possible on display. We will be there on Sunday and their will be a contest for car trophies. Admission is $30 for those who register in advance and $35 at the gate. The fee is for ground space usage of the park for parked cars. The price is for the car. Cars must remain parked there until 1PM. Also, plan on arriving early before 10AM as they close the gate. Chrysler Performance West is the sponsor of the Spring Fling and they rent the park. As this type of car show is only put on once or twice a year, it is an excellent opportunity to meet fellow car nuts and build resources for clubs. For more information, check out the Upcoming Events section on the main club page at http://www.chryslerkcar.com/fling.htm and http://www.cpwclub.com/SF08Flyer.pdf.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: The BIG K car show. Sun,May4th at Woodley Park, Van Nuys, Ca

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:32 am

Finally, on Sunday, May 4th, 2008 here at Woodley Park, Van Nuys, Ca, there will be a REAL K car meet at the Mopar show here. I have 5 confirmed cars! Here are the 8 players:

1989 Dodge Aries Coupe (Mine) 119,000 miles. Original. Always confirmed
1984 Chrysler LeBaron Town n Country Convertible. Orange Co. Confirmed. Will be bringing the table
1989 Plymouth Reliant 4dr Sedan. Fully restored from the ground up. Looks like a Caddy. Orange Co. Confirmed today
1982 Dodge Aries Wagon. 2.6 Mitsubishi. 120,000 miles. Confirmed today for sure. Finally has time off work.
1986 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Convertible. 95,000 miles. Confirmed today for sure. Found a pet babysitter

Potential or NOT:
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible. 2.2 Turbo. Just put in 4th starter. Car is not really fixed. Will more than likely come, pending another event.
1984 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible 2.6 Mitsubishi. Family member died the day of my cancelled show. Probably will not be heard from for a while.
1986 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Convertible. Says he is interested. Motor still not ready. More than likely will not show.

If all goes well, I will finally break 3 cars and actually have 5-6 instead. I will take LOTS of photos. This will be a historical day for the Chrysler K Car Club. Dave, I will have your fliers there.

Either way, all K car body styles will be present! Two door sedan, Four door sedan, wagon, and convertible. I can breathe. I was getting tired of having shows downsized or cancelled. I still need more members. I am not sure if I am up to doing monthly meets until I get more members. The hardest part of running a car club is getting commitment from people.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: The BIG K car show. Sun,May4th at Woodley Park, Van Nuys, Ca

Postby 88 aries » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:03 am

the best of luck i wish i could be there but to drive all the way from wisconsin that would be a chore.

my aries needs a little paint bubbling repair (due to age) and since it was a smoker car a new headliner will be installed, its not sagging its just full of smoke filth, so when i get that done it will smell like new in side, it smells good already but it will be even better
88 aries

Return to Upcoming Events