car show at Bob's

Moderator: 89ARIES

car show at Bob's

Postby turbokcar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:34 pm

The owner of the Bob's Big Boy in Long Beach California asked me to bring my car to a car show Saturday June 9th from 5 to 8. He asked of I knew of anyone that may want to go. So we are all invited
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Re: car show at Bob's

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:02 pm

FOLLOW UP: Rick and I will be there. Chief might be there. There are only two active K-car members in Orange County. Any of you are welcome.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Purplegrasshopper » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 pm

I live in Las Vegas, so coming down for a car show or other K-Car event in LA isn't out of the realm of possibility. I'm just hesitant to drive my car on the road that long and far, given the excellent condition it's in. The exterior is seriously a 9.8/10, and getting a rock chip in the original paint would be enough to really piss me off, LOL!
Purplegrasshopper
Car Fan

Car Information: None

Postby Chief » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:46 am

June 9th is on a TUESDAY!!!

Chief

Purplegrasshopper wrote:I live in Las Vegas, so coming down for a car show or other K-Car event in LA isn't out of the realm of possibility. I'm just hesitant to drive my car on the road that long and far, given the excellent condition it's in. The exterior is seriously a 9.8/10, and getting a rock chip in the original paint would be enough to really piss me off, LOL!

When serious custom cars guys are forced to drive their cars for any distance, they cover the road sensitive areas of their front ends with Blue Painters Tape. It won't hurt your paint and after you get to where you're going, it's very easy to pull off. You wind up with zero chips, and your ride looks excellent for the car show.

Peace,

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:18 am

Its Saturday the 6th.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Purplegrasshopper » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:11 am

Chief wrote:When serious custom cars guys are forced to drive their cars for any distance, they cover the road sensitive areas of their front ends with Blue Painters Tape. It won't hurt your paint and after you get to where you're going, it's very easy to pull off. You wind up with zero chips, and your ride looks excellent for the car show.

Peace,

Chief

That's an interesting suggestion...so driving through the desert at 110 degrees won't make the adhesive on the tape stick to the car? Hell, it might even be worth it just to see the funny looks from people with all this blue tape on your car, lol.
Purplegrasshopper
Car Fan

Car Information: None

Postby turbokcar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:12 pm

The address is 1898 east Willow, Signal Hill, Ca. the phone number is 562-426-2126.
It starts about 5pm. I don't think i will be as busy as the Burbank car show, I guess we will find out. Chief are you going to be there? What about you Butch? I will try to make it tonight or the Shelby Dodge meeting.
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Postby Chief » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:33 pm

Purplegrasshopper wrote:That's an interesting suggestion...so driving through the desert at 110 degrees won't make the adhesive on the tape stick to the car? Hell, it might even be worth it just to see the funny looks from people with all this blue tape on your car, lol.

It's a great temporary fix and gets the job done. Any minor sticky residue comes off quickly with Goo Gone (a citrus product with no chemicals that can harm your paint).

The permanent fix is is what I have on all of my cars, "The Invisible Bra", which cost me $327.00 for my Reliant K. But, I haven't had one chip in over six years since I had my custom paint job done. It covers the front end with a 8mm, 3M clear cover that is custom cut to your car and bonds to the paint. You literally can not see it, I have put that on all my cars for the last 10 years, and it's a excellent product.

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Return to Upcoming Events