For Sale: 1985 Chrysler Town & Country Wagon

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

For Sale: 1985 Chrysler Town & Country Wagon

Postby fmarkus » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:35 pm

My gorgeous 68,000-mile Town & Country Turbo, in Cream with the one-year-only Mark Cross leather interior suffered a dire engine problem on our Fall Color Tour at the end of the 2020 driving season (yet another reason to hate that year). Ominous knocking sound from deep within, though I managed to limp it home. Runs enough to drive onto a trailer, but this engine needs to come out. All other mechanicals were working fine when this problem occurred.

The car is very clean and has lived in the heated garage it's pictured in. Some of the ash trim is discolored slightly (the yellow plastic underneath showing through) but it always garners approving stares on the road.

Interior is immaculate and still smells the way they did when I was a newly minted engineer at Lee Iacocca's "New Chrysler Corporation" back in the day. I recently replaced all the stereo speakers.

Newer parts installed include the alternator, fuel pump, and a half-shaft boot, and I had the aluminum valve cover powder coated.

I always valued the car at $7,000 for insurance purposes before the engine died. Would love to get $4,000 as is (Royal Oak, suburban Detroit, MI), but am open to offers.

A real crowd-pleaser at Radwood or Concours de le'Mons events...
fmarkus

Car Information: 1985 Chrysler Town & Country

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car