URGENT! Roblins Garage plans to crush all the K cars/Mopars!

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

URGENT! Roblins Garage plans to crush all the K cars/Mopars!

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:02 am

In Ontario, Canada, there is a garage called Roblin's Garage. The owner of that garage has over 100 extremely rare Mopar and other American cars sitting on the property. Some of these cars go back to the 1930s. The owner is in the business of selling the rotting cars and parts for purposes of restoration and other needs for antique car collectors and hobbyists. Unfortunately, the owner states in his website that he is planning to crush the last of these RARE mopars and K cars. Unfortunately, the owner may have already started the process as the cars are slated to all be crushed by May 2008! Lets make our voices be heard and see if the owner may change his mind. You can contact him through the link below. With the loss of this rare source of parts will go the loss of many antique cars that can be salvaged and kept alive. Lets form a protest and lets very politely beg the owner not to crush the cars. If any of you guys can come up with any ideas about persuasion or monetary compensation, I am all ears!

http://www.roblins.net/index2.html
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: URGENT! Roblins Garage plans to crush all the K cars/Mopars!

Postby 88 aries » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:02 am

That sucks, why are yard owners doing this we need those cars to keep ours running.

WE Could pitch in and buy the k-cars for a fair price

because if they get crushed we will suffer because there will be none left
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:08 am

Well, the first thing to do would be for us to contact the owner of the garage and see what he thinks. Ironically, the owner of the garage registered as a member of this club six months or so ago. From what I hear, the owner is elderly and has been talking about crushing the cars for years. Yet, this is the first time I have seen a message on their new website saying that the cars would be definitely be crushed within weeks. Aries88, I have a task for you. Would you mind calling the garage by phone and try to feel the owner out and see why he wants to crush the cars? Truth is, I am buried right now with school. As much as I want to save these cars, I live in Los Angeles, California. The website for Roblins Garage is at http://www.roblins.net/157.html?*sessio ... on*id*val*. I would call the owner myself if I was not in the middle of tax season working 40 hrs and cramming accounting papers at 2AM.

Get back with me about what the owner had to say, and we will send emails to all the Canadian K car owners. We have many members in Ontario who should get involved. It is kind of hard for me to get directly involved with my limited resources and being 2400 miles away. The Canadian members should be able to come up with a place to store the cars. In fact, I believe some of them live on farms.

I guess what I am trying to say is before we know where to start, we have to feel the owner out, see what he is agreeable to, and then start looking for a place to store the cars. Of course, money is the biggest issue here.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby capev86 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:14 am

there are lots of good project and parts cars! i'd take those k cars if i had the money and space and means to transport them back here to southern maine. i think the best candidate in the mopar section would be that white '83 k wagon. i hope it gets saved!
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car