Ks Under The Krusher

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Ks Under The Krusher

Postby TomChrysler » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:52 pm

Hi Fellow K Members!

I saw the post regarding the Canadian Wrecker (Roblins) that is considering crushing the Ks. His inventory is rather small compared to Pick N' Pulls inventory in Northern California. While looking for spare parts for my 1986 Town and Country, I find literal tons of inventory of the K types. There are about 50 to 100 Ks in current inventory just in a 50 mile radius of where I live (Sacramento). Trouble is, they cycle the inventory every few weeks or less. As you can plainly see, the death rate is high.

If you have something that you really need, let me know specifics (i.e. item, colour, year range, etc.). Odds are, I can find it. I hope I'm not setting myself up for a ton of e-mails. Be patient, as I don't know what the volume of interest is yet.

If I do find something, be prepared to act quickly. Thankfully, I have a Paypal account.

At your service,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Re: Ks Under The Krusher

Postby 88 aries » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi im from Wisconsin and im restoring a 86 reliant, and i need a silver fender from another car and maybe a radiator.

Thanks
88 aries

Postby TomChrysler » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:50 pm

88 aries wrote:Hi im from Wisconsin and im restoring a 86 reliant, and i need a silver fender from another car and maybe a radiator.

Thanks

Hi Justin!

Both should be available. I need to know a few details.
1 - Which fender do you need (front drivers or passenger side)?
2 - What color is the pinstripe?
3 - What engine do you have?
4 - Automatic or manual transmission?

Next, are you prepared for shipping costs, as these items require crates to arrive safely?

Once I have this information, I should be able to get you a ballpark figure.

Giving you my best,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Postby capev86 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:29 am

unfortunately, k cars are so old now that they lost appeal years ago. people are after parts for newer generations of cars now. and the most recent trend is that salvage yards are being replaced by recycling yards that are only interested in dealing in scrap metal. i wish i had the money, time, etc to have a yard. i would devote it to collecting all types of cars and parts that are rare, or rare optioned. later year k cars are hard to find with a 5spd/console and even rarer are non-turbo spirits with a 5spd. then you have datyonas and shadows, etc that are redone by shelby or even es & iroc variants. all these other cars can donate their hi-po suspension and brake packages to our lowly k cars.

thankfully there is a following in the form of the turbo dodge community that keeps the faith. but other brands are not necessarily so lucky. we all know how vintage cars up to the 50's and 60's are in high demand, but the 70's and 80's saw the emergence of a lot of interesting vehicles. cop packages found on many rwd and some fwd cars can be a big asset when it comes to upgrading your lowly daily driver - by providing such items as heavy duty cooling, bigger/better brakes, performance suspension pieces like stiff springs and big sway bars (many regular duty version don't even have a rear sway bar). the cavalier and sunfire are very popular today but i only recently found out that like many other buick platforms, the skyhawk had a t-type variant......what the heck?!!! for more ideas on what can be swapped to get better performance, check out the following link:

http://www.grmotorsports.com/backissues ... rigade.php
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:05 am

Do you mean we are losing all our salvage yards and thus any source of parts left we need to keep any old car from the 70s and 80s on the road?
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby TomChrysler » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:57 am

Yes, it is true. We are losing most of the old fashioned wrecking yards (complete with dogs) in favor of recycling yards with electric fences. I also have two cars from the Forward Look era (1957-1961). Fortunately, I found most of what I needed before the Central Valley wreckers closed their doors. Now, I rely heavily on e-Bay. Personally, I like the long walks through acres of metal.
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:28 am

Hi Tom. You know, I was wondering, could you find out for me it there are metallic headlight holders, grill, and side mirror holders for the 1989 Dodge Aries. I am sure some earlier years would be interchangeable. I have had the thought of selling or holding on to my falling apart sunbaked black plastic parts and repainting the metal replacements black. That would preserve the car's original appearance while providing a better lasting material. Just a thought of what we could all do. The one thing I wish Chrysler had not done in making the K car was using all the hard, hollow plastic. Be nice if we could find a metal replacement for the cheap, near impossible to find side plastic panel on the coupe opera window. I have one that is starting to get pitted and worn from being in the sun 20 years. My interior is still in one piece and not to badly aged. Car looks great though.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:09 pm

hey tom i need the right front fender (pinstripe delete) i need a passenger door also i have the 2.2 litre TBi with the 3 speed torqueflight

i can take the pinstripe off, A silver fender and door would be nice.

Thanks
88 aries

Postby ReliantLV » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:41 pm

Oh darn, just what I needed to read tonight... NOT. :( Too bad I can't perform some "teleportation" stunt and bring back what my "Ness" :P needs or might need in the near future... Sad and scary. :(
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby TomChrysler » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:48 pm

88 aries wrote:hey tom i need the right front fender (pinstripe delete) i need a passenger door also i have the 2.2 litre TBi with the 3 speed torqueflight

i can take the pinstripe off, A silver fender and door would be nice.

Thanks

Hi Justin!

I'll check with the wrecker and UPS tomorrow and get you pricing.

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Next

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car