Ks Under The Krusher

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Ks Under The Krusher

Postby TomChrysler » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:23 am

89ARIES wrote:Hi Tom. You know, I was wondering, could you find out for me it there are metallic headlight holders, grill, and side mirror holders for the 1989 Dodge Aries. I am sure some earlier years would be interchangeable. I have had the thought of selling or holding on to my falling apart sunbaked black plastic parts and repainting the metal replacements black. That would preserve the car's original appearance while providing a better lasting material. Just a thought of what we could all do. The one thing I wish Chrysler had not done in making the K car was using all the hard, hollow plastic. Be nice if we could find a metal replacement for the cheap, near impossible to find side plastic panel on the coupe opera window. I have one that is starting to get pitted and worn from being in the sun 20 years. My interior is still in one piece and not to badly aged. Car looks great though.

Good evening Guy!
I searched the yards over, and all I found was plastic. Plastic, plastic, plastic. Sorry I couldn't have been more help. Look on the bright side. At least it won't rust!
Giving you my best,
Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby TomChrysler » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:30 am

TomChrysler wrote:
88 aries wrote:hey tom i need the right front fender (pinstripe delete) i need a passenger door also i have the 2.2 litre TBi with the 3 speed torqueflight

i can take the pinstripe off, A silver fender and door would be nice.

Thanks

Hi Justin!

I'll check with the wrecker and UPS tomorrow and get you pricing.

Tom

Hi Justin!
I'm still checking. The yard had an inventory change. No good silver panels this week. Only dented and deteriated. So far, UPS is about $80 per item. I'll let you know when I find a good silver set. BTW - Do you have the plastic rub strips on your fender and door, or are they plain?
Giving you my best,
Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Postby 88 aries » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:43 pm

i just found my fender and my door close to my home but thanks for looking
88 aries

Postby TomChrysler » Fri May 16, 2008 9:58 am

Hi Justin!

I'm glad your Aries is coming together! Here's to a great summer!

Giving you my best,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Postby kenest66 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:15 am

Say there, I'm restoring my '86 600 convert. and am looking for a replacement center console with shifter.I'm actually after the black plastic strip that is attached to the shifter that runs in that channel,but could also use the whole console if in nice shape.Knowing the convert stuff is a harder find.Mine is red.Also...driver's seat ,again red vinyl. My seat base and back padding are ok,but the upolstery has got cracks and tears.And lastly for now, I've got some dings in chrome wheel lip mouldings.Maybe what I need is a whole junker,but my family would kill me if I brought one home!!! I can be reached at Email kennest6@aol.com ,Thanks, Ken
kenest66

Postby TomChrysler » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:38 am

Hi Ken!

I'll be out to the wreckers this week. I'll let you know what I find. Fortunately, red was a popular colour.

Giving you my best,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Postby TomChrysler » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:11 am

Hi Ken!

I will be going out to the wreckers this week. I'll let you know what I find. Fortunately, red is a popular colour.

Giving you my best,

Tom

P.S. I sent an e-mail out to you, but it came back undeliverable.

kenest66 wrote:Say there, I'm restoring my '86 600 convert. and am looking for a replacement center console with shifter.I'm actually after the black plastic strip that is attached to the shifter that runs in that channel,but could also use the whole console if in nice shape.Knowing the convert stuff is a harder find.Mine is red.Also...driver's seat ,again red vinyl. My seat base and back padding are ok,but the upolstery has got cracks and tears.And lastly for now, I've got some dings in chrome wheel lip mouldings.Maybe what I need is a whole junker,but my family would kill me if I brought one home!!! I can be reached at Email kennest6@aol.com ,Thanks, Ken
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Postby Ken » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:58 pm

Tom,thanks for checking.I'm still here,not sure why Email didn't connect.I'm at kennest6@aol.com
Ken

Car Information: Dodge 600 Convertible 1986

Postby csjacob » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:46 am

Tom;My '85 Aries was rear-ended last week. I'd like to get a rear bumper for it. Its a maroon Aries SE wagon, and I can paint or have the bumper painted. Any bumper '85 to '87 bumper should fit. Any coIor is OK if bumper is good. If you find something let me know asap. I don't know if the insurance will pay for it yet, but I believe I can handle that end. Thanks
Carl
Last edited by csjacob on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
csjacob

Postby Silverbeard » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:23 pm

Hi Tom,
When you are shopping, I am looking for a right front cornering light for 82 LeBaron, the two threaded mounting studs have broken off the rear on mine, don't need the mounting plate, but could use the retaining nuts.
Let me know if you can find one,
Thank you, Martin

Corner Turning Light.jpg
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

PreviousNext

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car