'85 Dodge 600 Sedan For Sale

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

'85 Dodge 600 Sedan For Sale

Postby josiemy » Thu May 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Hello!

I was posting with a fellow member in the wanted section about this car, but I wanted to post here in case someone isn't looking there.
I have a '85 Dodge 600 sedan that I would like to sell. I LOVE this car, but I have had alot happen in the past few years and don't have the time or energy to put into it anymore.

Here is what I can tell you about it:
The Good:
Power doors and locks
Upholstery is in great condition especially considering the age- just needs a good cleaning (except visors which were threadbare while I was driving it, but ceiling is tip top!)
You can see on the interior doors that the original "woodwork" is in place
A clearcoat was put on about 6 years ago that got rid of that Chrysler fade that happens to most of them
Engine was replaced with one with 30k miles on it before I stopped driving it
2 new axles were put on at that time as well and haven't been driven on yet

The not so good:
There are no rear brakes on it right now- They seized up and drume were taken off to prepare for new ones to go on, but never got there.
There is a rust spot in the back as pictured-next to the rear wheel well But, this is the ONLY problem with the body. It appears that something leaked from the inside out from the trunk to create the spot.
It has not been inspected or registered since '04. We did try to get it inspected that year, but failed because of the issue with the brakes.
Rear-view mirror fell off sometime this year and glass broke. (Should be replaceable cheaply from a u-pull-it)
Since it has been sitting, I'm sure that it will need new tires as well and potentially feul/brake lines as well.

The known issues are all relatively inexpensive to do if you know the car. I can't gaurantee that is everything wrong, as I haven't driven it in some time, but it could be worth it to have a car with such a nice body and interior. The car has 121k on it, but like I said the engine only has 30k. I was very diligent in upkeep while it was in commission, so quite a few parts were replaced over the years.

On the last test drive we did, the engine proved to be strong and fast. It is a 2.2 fuel injected. From what I understand, this is a later model '85, so it has some of the features of an '86, hence the fuel injected instead of carb.

I've owned the car since '94 when I was in high school. I was the second owner. I put alot of love into it over the years, but we had an engine blowout a few years back that put it out of commission. I had to drive for work, so I purchased a newer car and this became a project car that never made it officially back on the road. We put probably about $1k into it before I decided to let it go. I would like to have gotten it up and running and inspected for sale, but I am currently pregnant due in May and have two toddlers at home already. I just don't have the time or money to put into it, so I hope that someone out there will.

The junkman stopped by a few months ago and offered me few hundred for it, but I did not want to crush my k-car. I would really like for someone to have it who will love it like I have for the past 12 years. If you are interested or want more information, just let me know. Thanks!

josiemy

Car Information: 1985 Dodge 600

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car