how much is it worth

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

how much is it worth

Postby my chrysler » Mon May 19, 2008 3:23 am

hello I am new to this so here it goes

I own a 1986 chrysler lebaron 2.2 turbo conv

last week a person hit my car and the insurance companies need to know how much it is worth

they said the reason that I need to find a value is because they connot find enough info on the car

so any help would be nice other wise they will total it .it has 87,456 miles on it

thanks
my chrysler

Re: how much is it worth

Postby Rich84 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:35 am

Im surprised they didn't total it already. Sales prices for that year, depending on condition, the state you live in, would probably be somewhere between $2500-$4000. But most K-car owners I've met understand that the car has more intrinsic value than real value (after all. they MSRP'd at $12-15K twenty years ago.) You have to have a real sympathetic insurance adjuster to get top dollar; can you get a local body shop to estimate repair cost? He can get the replacement parts and repair for less than $2000, it's a probable negotiating point with the insurance co. If it had happened to my 84 2.2 non Turbo convertible, and it was clearly the other drivers fault and he admitted it, I would have worked out the repair costs with him, and kept the insurance companies out if it entirely.
Rich84

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car