Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Wow! I found a 2nd 1983 Dodge 400 sedan for sale! Burbank,Ca

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:10 pm

89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Wow! I found a 2nd 1983 Dodge 400 sedan for sale! Burbank,Ca

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:45 pm

I called the owner today and he was surprised to learn how rare his car is. Funny how for years I can't seem to find one Dodge 400 sedan and then two appear in one week on craigslist. I've never seen one and this car for sale right now is a mere 20 minutes from my house. Here is the scoop. The car is low mileage around 50,000 miles. It has the talking dashboard and is supposedly in good condition. It has the 2.6 Mistubishi motor and carburetor. Kind of a challenge for the novice mechanic. However, the 2.6 is know for great reliability. The main weak point is that there is a metal oil pump chain that periodically wears out and breaks. This causes the engine to grenade in a matter of seconds. That is why most K cars with the 2.6 did not survive. People never changed the chain. Change the chain at a predetermined interval, and you should be okay. We have members on here that are enjoying their 2.6. I hope this rare car gets bought by a local Californian or anyone else in this club that will keep the last 400 sedan going. It would be nice to have one for our club. A dodge 400 sedan is basically a dressed up Aries with extra chrome, fender louvers, vinyl top, and is like a flashy LeBaron. I will try to upload some photos of the last 400 sedan that was up for sale so you have an idea what a 400 sedan is.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car