lots of parts for sale

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

lots of parts for sale

Postby capev86 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:18 am

hey all....

i have an 86 Aries Wagon that i am upgrading and i have a bunch of unneeded parts and some spare pieces that will no longer be applicable to the car once it is finished. the entire stock front suspension will be available eventually....but i have 2 pair of front calipers and a pair of rotors for regular (not heavy duty) brakes. the rotors are 9-1/2 inch, 5 lug and may work on other cars besides the k car, like the L body vehicles. i also have a set of standard brake pads and a set of heavy duty option (10-1/4 inch rotor) brake pads....both sets are brand new, never installed condition. finally there is one brand new 9-1/2 inch rotor still in the plastic and original box.

the original 2.5L "tall deck" motor is available. it has 171,000 miles on the clock and cylinder number 2 has 70psi of compression...so it needs a rebuild but runs good otherwise. the transmission is a rebuilt 3spd auto with about 20,000 miles on the clock. but it started acting up after the car sat for 18 months so i think it needs a flush and adjustment to work 100% again....it couldn't find 3rd gear. the drivetrain is still in the car, but will be coming out shortly now that i am finally getting back to working on this project.

as for other parts - i got a bunch from a local guy with an 86 k car wagon that was getting rid of the car and didn't need all the extra stuff taking up room in his garage. i have a brand new water pump, fram trans filter, drive axles (pre 1987 style), 1986 specific logic module and power module, etc. i'm sure i have more pieces....but remember that the car body and interior is staying intact....only the old drivetrain and front chassis is going. contact me with other needs and i will see what i can do. make decent offers on these parts....thanks!

Chris Peverly
York, Maine
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Re: lots of parts for sale

Postby tindrumstoo » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:25 am

looking for a hood and drivers side fender for my 86 wagon. the junk yard here crushedall the old K cars...sucks.. i really need a fender ASAP so let me know tindrumstoo@aol.com
don't hate me because i'm different!!

86 K wagon
84 yamaha CV-80
03 civic Si hatch
tindrumstoo

Car Information: 1986 plymouth reliant K wagon custom

Postby capev86 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:29 am

sorry....can't help you out there. no doors i can spare. i actually have a brand new driver side fender (in primer only and still boxed) but i need it to replace the one on my k wagon due to a big rust hole where it bolts to the rocker panel. i got a killer deal on some k car stuff a few years ago from an older guy that was just trying to empty his garage. but keep trying...i may have other stuff you guys and gals need.....

the original engine, intake plumbing, chassis, brakes, etc are all going bye bye because i am upgrading to later vintage stuff!
capev86
Car Fan

Postby capev86 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:18 pm

update: 10/21/2008

got a couple tbi air boxes - from an 86 aries and 91 dynasty 2.5. they are the same, except the 86 unit includes the plastic cover that hides the metal box and better blends the intake plumbing with the valve cover. by 91 they apparently stopped using the cover, but otherwise should be interchangeable.

also have a dark blue glove box door with the latch, but no other hardware.

still got chassis and brake pieces kicking around!
capev86
Car Fan

Postby capev86 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:56 am

hi again you guys....

started pulling the engine on my k wagon this week. the drive axles are already pulled (i put a bolt w/ washers through each front bearing so i can keep it a roller and take it to the body shop). keeping the trans to trade for parts i need unless someone wants to make me a serious offer for it. the trans and axles are not compatible with (improved) 1987+ setups - there was a serious redesign to the differential that the parts incompatable. the left side drive axle has the same mileage as the car (171,000) and the right side is a reman unit. the right side is a regular non-turbo style (one long driveshaft, not a split unit with an intermediate shaft). i will be running turbo axles with the newer drivetrain going in (tapped the factory drilled holes in the back of the block for the intermediate shaft support).

so anyway....the original 2.5 "tall deck" is coming out and its up for grabs if anyone wants to dish out $100. i will sell just the block for cheaper if that is more appealing. otherwise i will pull the cylinder head and all usable (compatable with later era) bolts, pieces, etc and recycle the block for a few bucks. also open to trades. not crazy about shipping big stuff, so hopefully prospective customers are headed towards new england. remember that the body and interior is staying intact because it is getting restored, not junked. i'm just looking to get rid of some stuff and make a few bucks to fuel my project. PEACE ALL
capev86
Car Fan

Postby 85TurboAries » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:04 am

im interested in the motor...and the tranny filter and a few other parts.....could u help me out here?
1990 Grand Caravan
ASK ME ABOUT:
SMEC/SBEC Testing and Repairs
Adding a ROM port to SMEC/SBEC (for upgrades)
Radio Repairs
any other Electrical repairs needed
85TurboAries

Car Information: 1990 Dodge Grand caravan

Postby capev86 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:29 am

hello all.....

finally got the engine pulled on my 86 k wagon. the whole drivetrain is now out and today i tore it apart. the intake/tb is still a unit. cylinder head still has its tbi flat tappet valvetrain and square tooth gear installed. the shortblock still has the crank pulley and water pump on it. decided to sell the trans if i get my close to my asking price. the a-413 is a rebuilt unit with 20,000 miles on it. it started having troubles staying in top gear after sitting for 18 months years ago. probably needs a flush and adjustment. i had to take the car back off the road after only a month of use in 2001. its been my long term project ever since. would prefer people pick parts up or can meet them in the new england area. not crazy about shipping heavy items. everything is covered or stored inside the car until it sells or i send it to the recyclers. the trans and drive axles are 1986 specific (should fit earlier years). 87 and newer has an improved differential bearing design and has corresponding axles with a matching inner spline. need it all gone asap so let me know or shortblock goes to scrap and other peices go to storage/trade.....

shortblock = $50
cyl head = $50
a-413 = $300
driveaxles = $50 for pair

have a brand new 5 lug 9-1/2" rotor and the air box assembly is also available cheap. ask about more engine parts that i may have forgotten about.
capev86
Car Fan

Postby capev86 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:15 am

took the engine to a guy with a (mostly chrysler) junkyard that always gives me good deals on parts for my various projects.
capev86
Car Fan

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car