Rare 1981 Bucket seats for sale

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Rare 1981 Bucket seats for sale

Postby 1of10K » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:47 am

I have a pair of the 1981 only non-reclining non-power bucket seats for an 1981 Aries or Reliant. They are the light tan vinyl, driver's side vinyl needs to be redone. I will also include the matching correct 1981 back seat back and bottom sections in excellent condition, if you want them.

These will fit any K car, but the non-reclining feature is correct for an 1981.

Must be picked up or can meet you somewhere near Rockford IL/Wisconsin State line area. Looking to get $ 200 for all.
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Re: Rare 1981 Bucket seats for sale

Postby area310dude » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi,

I have a 1981 with the non-reclining non-power bucket seats that you describe.

It sounds like this was the only year that this kind of seat was available? How curious.

I wonder out loud why chrysler went so "cheapie" on the first years model. :shock:
area310dude

Postby 88 aries » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:27 pm

actually you are wrong on being cheap, do you see 84-89 models with a pentastar, metal dash, plastic steering wheel that did not get sticky, chrome around the fenders, 81's are just like a lebaron almost
88 aries

Postby area310dude » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:53 pm

What you say is true.

But almost without fail, when a stranger sits in my front seat, they always ask "don't these seats adjust ?!" :x

The lack of a passenger side rear-view mirror is annoying as well.

Oh, and the back windows that don't go down on the '81 . . . I get annoyed comments from ppl about that too.

Love the mopars in general . . . but I'm just sayin' :mrgreen:
area310dude

Postby 88 aries » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:07 pm

I dont have that problem because the back seat no one ever sits in, it has 6 trophies, 3 boards of old ads, a couple of K-car models and a T shirt that says K-cars are comming, I only use my cars for car shows, the back seat on my 86 reliant is still hard from the factory, its not broken down at all. People also look at the no roll down rear windows infact I usually open one of them when I show, it really draws attention to the crowd. 8)
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:16 am

Jonah, bodywise, your 81 K-car is way better than the new ones. The ones after 85 are more tinny and when I closed your door, it had a very nice authentic sound. The metal is thicker and harder to dent. Its too bad you have almost the only 81 in California. I am pretty sure there are only about 18 in California. Your 81 is classy because it is so different and so unusual. I mean, what first car ever combined spartan quality with class. Pride is written all over that car. Pentastar, fancy lines, metal dashboard, etc. Your car would definitely win car show awards like Justin's 81 Reliant did at the show in Wisconsin because it so different and most people haven't seen one in years. 8) Also, your car was very fast when I test drove it. That 2.6 made 75 easy. Oh, by the way, check the oil every week. I mean, I don't mean to be nosy, but all K-cars leak oil and I have to check mine every few weeks. You have a true 2.6 survivor.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby area310dude » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi, thanks for the comments.

89ARIES wrote: you have almost the only 81 in California. I am pretty sure there are only about 18 in California.

Guy, I always wanted to ask you, how do you know statistics like the one above?

It would almost seem like you would have to have access to DMV records or something like that. 8)

Or, is that just an educated guess based on your personal observations driving around SoCal ?

Man, we really hijacked the bucket seat seller's thread here!! :oops:
area310dude

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Yes, we did, oops, lol. Its based on estimates and personal observations. When you have to wait almost a year for one 81 to appear for sale in SoCal online, and I never see one, and the junkyards have none, I don't think my estimates are too exaggerated. Plus, it gives us an estimation basis to hammer home to people that these cars in danger of extinction and are already unavailable to the general public. 8) Back east there are way more surviving 81-83 garage queens, but all the daily drivers are long gone forever.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:36 am

and thats a good thing that all the daily drivers are gone, these cars shouldnt be used as dailys anymore, they should only be used sparingly, like mine :D
88 aries

Postby 88 aries » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:43 am

and whats even better I prolly own the only 81 that isnt rusted in the state of wisconsin :D
88 aries

Next

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car