Help Me - What is my K Car worth?

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Help Me - What is my K Car worth?

Postby floridanz » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:32 am

Hi - I am new to the K Car Club. My Aunt asked me to help sell her 1989 Plymouth Reliant LE K Car. It is a 2 door sedan (not a wagon). The outside paint is gold/tan and is in very good condition. The seats, dash and carpet are all a deep red - in very good condition, except for a small tear in the carpet directly in front of the driver's seat. My Aunt bought it brand new and has been the only owner. It has a whopping 42,685 original miles on it (yes - that is only 2,000 miles a year - she is in her 80s and only drives about 40 miles a week). It has been regularly maintained like clock work and drives great! It is an automatic with A/C. The black trim around the windows has some paint loss & the black trim piece between the driver's window and the backseat window directly behind the driver's door is missing. Other than those items, it is in really good condition. No accidents, no issues. I have lots of pictures, but I am not sure how to upload them here or if that is even permitted. Any advice on price and how to include the pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
(410) 299-7307 is my phone # if its easier to call. I live in Maryland (EST).
floridanz

Car Information: Plymouth K Car Wagon 1989

Re: Help Me - What is my K Car worth?

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Each area of the country can demand a higher price on a particular car.

2 years ago, I bought my 1986 Chrysler Lebaron white 4-door from the original owner with 82,000 miles on it.

Paint and top shined and looked like new! The carpet (dark blue) looked like new. Seats were perfect, even the air-conditioning still blew ice cold.

Everything on it worked like new.

Although It did need new brakes.

I bought it for $1100 here in Nashville, TN.

Yours being a 2 door i would think would command a higher price.

I would check out E-bay Auto's and also Craiglist, and get a feel of what they are going for, then price accordingly!

Good Luck!!
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car