"Cold Case" episode featuring K-Cars

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

"Cold Case" episode featuring K-Cars

Postby 82Lebaronconv » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:38 pm

Did anyone see this episode? It was aired last Sunday night. I was very disappointed. There were only very brief glimpses of the K-cars and the dialog left the impression that our cars were considered junk. In one scene, a a prospective buyer states "That's alot of money for a bunch of plastic". The saleswoman then steers the buyer to a used Lincoln Continental Mark IV. Obviously, this is not how we want our cars portrayed in the media. I think someone should complain to the network. It wasn't necessary to bash our cars to further the plot line. What do you think?
82Lebaronconv
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Re: "Cold Case" episode featuring K-Cars

Postby Club president » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:53 pm

I totally agree. The only thing I enjoyed about this episode was being on site to enjoy the K-cars I brought there and the catered food. They totally cut out most of the shots and even some of the actors. Worse, they failed to mention our name in the credits. I did make $600 for each member and myself who rented the cars to them. The K-car could be extinct in 10 years, I do all the work to scrounge up 12 cars in a 70 mile radius in LA, and this is the thanks we get. Also, four of you who volunteered for this show were cut out at the last minute as a money saver on their part. They had to trailer cars and they decided to trailer in the last K-cars left in the studio lot that were basically beat to a pulp. They were not our cars. Yes, the show is a disappointment, but the technology is fun to watch and we can still smile and say,"They couldn't have done it without us". They probably won't let me, but I want to rent their mint 84 E-Class from their storage facility just for fun. It has some dents, but it is the only K-car left in the Hollywood lot that is not beat-up. It happens to be rare and the only time I saw an E-Class. It was in Cold Case. The entertainment culture in my opinion is often downright cut-throat, but they do serve good food.
Club president

Postby capev86 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:09 am

the k car is already extinct up here in the northeast due to rust. even later k's like the spirit and shadow are hard to come by. i occasionally see a dynasty (or new yorker or imperial) rolling around....either a piece of junk owned by some kid or a well worn example still serving an elderly person. so many people feel that older cars are not reliable.....which is true unless they are low mile with tons of maintenance or restored (few and far between). there is one kid banging around in my home town with a solid, red 86-88 k wagon. i am sooo jealous seeing as my wagon hasn't seen the road except for one month in 2001 since '99. but when i get my ride all restored with all those trick aftermarket pieces and mopar performance parts it will be worth the present heartache. mine will be on the road for a long time to come. partly because it was my first car and i love it and partly because i am an eccentric aquarius and i like to keep older vehicles alive for the sake of nostalgia and being different!
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Postby Silverbeard » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:44 pm

capev86 wrote: partly because i am an eccentric aquarius and i like to keep older vehicles alive for the sake of nostalgia and being different!

Hey aquarius, we are not eccentric (I'm Feb 4 ) it's just that everyone else is a little different!! :lol:
Use 'em, don't abuse 'em, a little TLC and they last a long time.

Martin
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car