1985 Aries full part out

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1985 Aries full part out

Postby baker » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:51 am

Well unfortionatly today I was T-boned in my 1985 Dodge Aries SE. I am not sure whether or not it is going to be totaled, but reguardless, I do not have the money to fix it. The car has MANY new parts which are all for sale. If someone wants to buy the car as a whole, I would let it go for $400 OBO. The car is located in Hamburg NY, 14075.

BRAND NEW PARTS:
[*]Full exhaust from the manifold back (literally 3 days old)
[*]O2 sensor done with the exhaust.
[*]Front ball joint, CV shaft, and axle
[*]Inspection
[*]OEM window Crank handle
[*]OEM brake pedal pad
[*]Battery
[*]Speedometer cable (not installed)

RECENTLY REPLACED:
[*]Transmission (about 7,000 miles on it)
[*]Engine was rebuilt and has about 35,000 miles on it. It runs amazingly (could use a valve cover gasket)
[*]Full tune up (plugs, wires, distributer cap and rotor, PVC valve, fuel filter, air filter, ect.)
[*]Starter
[*]Radio head unit
[*]Tires are still in very good condition.
[*]Paint is one year old (as if it matters now)
[*]No rust!

There is probably plenty I am forgetting, but anything and everything is for sale. The pictures are how it looked as of yesterday, and the last picture is of the damage from today. Thanks guys.

(Muffler on it now is the stock one with a downspout, not pictured)

:(

Feel free to post here with questions or call/text me at 7162007219.
baker

Car Information: 1985 Dodge Aries SE

Re: 1985 Aries full part out

Postby capev86 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:13 pm

that wasn't a bad hit. you should have seen my 86 k wagon when i got in a fender bender way back in '99. the right front was hit hard. i got color matching fenders and fiberglass header panel from a junkyard (was there with my dad looking for a part for his suburban), new front struts (right was bent), and installed another k frame/control arms after having the frame rails straightened ($400). cost me less than a grand total.

the chassis still looks pretty straight on your car. only looks like the fender got crunched. if the frame is still straight it should be an easy fix. how does it drive? if that is a rust free car (and i had some extra cash) i'd pick it up for parts for my k wagon which needs a lot of sheet metal repair due to rust.....rockers, floor, lower rear quarters, etc.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:31 pm

That doesnt look totalled at all.Just a dent on the fender? Unless it hit the wheel and bent everything,this would still be a keeper.
88AriesLEwagon

Postby 88 aries » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:32 am

shes a keeper, thats an easy fix that you could do yourself,a K-car fender is easy to take off, if the insurenace company says it totalled just tell them to go fuck them selves, if they do give you the money for the car I would take it an get her fixed
88 aries

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:49 pm

BTW:Who's the lady in the pic?
88AriesLEwagon

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:58 pm

Baker, don't know if you will read this OR not.

BUT, when the insurance company calls and comes out to look at your car, be SURE you have ALL the receipts done to YOUR car from the past 2 years if you have them.

They will try and give you maybe $300 to $400 for your car, BUT if you show them all the up keep and all the investment on your part on your car the past 2 years you may get all that money back.

Case in point, 1994 dodge pickup with 192,000 one owner miles got T-boned, blue book on that age and mileage was $1315, my Dad was ticked, got all the receipts of things he had put into it just the prior year and a half, over $3000 to show them, they looked at them, then offered him $3230 and he could keep the truck if he wanted or $3000 and they would haul it away, he took the $3000 and let them have it towed to the junk yard.

he was tickled that he listened to me.

Also if you show them all the receipts of work done, they "may" actually give you a check to have it fixed using all used parts of course.

Have you taken it in to a body shop to find out what it would cost to have it repaired??
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 am

88AriesLEwagon wrote:BTW:Who's the lady in the pic?

The lady the picture is my girlfriend.

Thanks for the advice Jack. It is at a shop now but it has not been looked at yet.

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Hopefully you'll let us know what happens....... :mrgreen:
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby blacksheep132060 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:49 am

How much for the computer /brain ? I have an 85 too, just did a total rebuild of the 2.2 and mech.said comp. No good. I was gonna sell it for parts but would like to try an fix it maybe.
blacksheep132060

Car Information: 1985 dodge aries

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car