1985 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe 2.2 Turbo. Thousand Oaks, Ca.

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1985 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe 2.2 Turbo. Thousand Oaks, Ca.

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:56 am

Can't believe another 85 hardtop appeared alive in SoCal. For sale right now in Thousand Oaks, Ca. Will see it Saturday morning to take pics and try to save. Currently sitting California Lutheran
University. Has 220,000 original miles. Now, for the bad news. It blew a head or headgasket and may end up scrapped. Will try to save it anyway since it is nearby. Here is the link:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ct ... 51817.html

1985 Chrysler LeBaron for Salvage, Parts, or Rebuild - $500 (Thousand Oaks)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-02-24, 11:09AM PST
Reply to: sale-q4s7w-2232351817@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dear old 1985 Chrysler LeBaron 2.2L Turbo 4 cyclinder of 220k miles has reached the end of what I can do for it. It blew either its head or headgasket over the weekend, and it is too expensive for me to consider fixing. So I'm selling it for parts, scrap, or to someone who has the time, energy, and resources to fix the head. I'm looking for around 500, but I'll consider other offers. It's currently street parked in Thousand Oaks, so I need to sell it quickly.

Damage List
Obviously the head or head gasket is damaged.
There is some minor age damage on the paint in various locations.
The rubber seal around the door frame has also gotten loose due to old age.
The trim around the left rear tire is bent a little when the car clipped a corner.
The picture didn't turn out well, but the windshield has a crack that goes all the way across. It doesn't impair vision, but it is a concern.
Wiper linkage bushing is broken.
The windows don't roll down well, there seems to be something loose in the door.
Some minor upholstery damage from cigarettes.

On the plus side:
The alternator was replaced a few years ago.
The top felt was replaced about 10 years ago.
The catalytic converter was replaced a few years ago along with the 02 sensor.

Call me if interested 9O9-213-8134.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: 1985 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe 2.2 Turbo. Thousand Oaks, Ca

Postby plash » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 am

I'm the owner of the aforementioned LeBaron. She has been very good to me for the last 14 years. However, I'm going to be going overseas for 2 years soon and don't have the time or budget to deal with the head problem. I'd love to sell her to someone who would either use her for parts or rebuild her, instead of having to send her to the big car lot in the sky. So get in touch with me if you have an interest.

For those of you that keep track of these sorts of things, I bought her in 1997 in Missouri. The day before I bought her, some kid snapped off the Chrysler Logo from the front hood, but she is pretty enough without it. She has been to both the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean (or at least as close as a car should come to a large body of salt water). I bought her with 80k miles, and put another 140k while I had her. All in all, she has treated me far better than I treated her, and never really let me down.

Here are some additional pictures I took. My photography skills aren't the greatest, but here is at least one spot that she can be remembered fondly at.

plash

Car Information: Chrysler LeBaron 1985 2.2L Turbo 4 cylinder

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:32 am

Are you sure thats a turbo?
No fender emblems,no vented hood,no aluminum valve cover....
looks like the base TBI 2.2.
88AriesLEwagon

Postby Baron » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:56 am

If it was closer so I could get it home somehow, I'd be tempted. Nothing sounds major, and a little engine like that can't be too difficult to change a gasket on. Worse comes to worse, seems like it would even be easy and inexpensive to just swap motors if necessary. Oh well.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby plash » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:33 am

I honestly don't know is she is a Turbo or not. For some reason I remembered someone telling them when they looked at the engine, but I don't know enough to say.
plash

Postby plash » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:13 pm

After looking at the pictures of the engine, 1985 LeBaron Turbo, it doesn't match my engine at all. So, it looks like you are right. Sorry if it caused any difficulties or confusion.
plash

Re: 1985 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe 2.2. Thousand Oaks, Ca

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 am

Hi Patrick. Here are the pics I took. Hope to find someone to buy it before you need to do what you gotta do. Don't give up, the K needs you, its lasted this long, all it needs is a new transplant,well..........

https://picasaweb.google.com/chryslerkc ... eSaleTOCa#

Status: 225,000 original miles. Originally a Missouri car. Patrick bought it in 1997 in Missouri and it put him through college. He and the car came to California in 2002. He is now a teacher at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, California, where the car died on Faculty St on the southend of the campus. Campus police have allowed him to leave the car, but not for long. This car took Patrick to the East Coast and back and he put on 14 years and appx 155,000 miles. Then, some bad luck, The car blew the headgasket. Milkshake oil. He parked it on Feb 20th and did not attempt to restart the engine. And, the car
is not a turbo.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:52 am

Well folks, I'm going to get rid of the car, one way or another tomorrow (sunday, 2/27) by noon (PST). If anyone is interested, give me a heads up before then.
Otherwise, thanks for giving her one last place to be recognized and remembered. I know I'll miss her. :cry:

Postby 88 aries » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:18 am

my god guy you are R tarded this is the early throttle body system used on 84-85 cars, it was made by bosch. and then they switched them to holley in 1986
88 aries

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car