Selling my 1982 Lebaron Convertible

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Selling my 1982 Lebaron Convertible

Postby 82Lebaronconv » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:32 pm

I just bought another Lebaron convertible (a 1985 Mark Cross Turbo) and must regrettably sell my current K car, a Formal Black 1982 Lebaron base model with tan top and interior. Here are the particulars and a link to photos on my Photobucket account:

MIleage: Approximately 110K
Major work done on car for which I have receipts:

New transmission at 75K
Exhaust system replaced at 86K
Tires replaced at 86K with Firestone Affinity whitewall tires (this was done in 1995)
New Head gasket and Cylinder head at 96K. Timing belt and all hoses and belts were changed at this time
Carburetor rebuilt at 100K
New Brakes and Struts at 102K. When brakes were done, both front rotors and calipers were replaced.
New battery last year - Interstate heavy duty
New rear wheel bearings and tie rod ends at 109K (work was just done last week while I was attending the AACA Hershey PA meet with the car)

I also have receipts for other work on this car going back to the 1980's. The former owner was very meticulous and saved almost everything. The head gasket job done at 96K was the second one done on the car. The first head gasket failed at 68K in 1988, but only the gasket was replaced this time. When the second head gasket went in 2004, the cylinder head cracked - necessitating a replacement head.

Cosmetic work I had done to the car:

Rear bumper repaired and repainted. Nerf strip and bumper shock replaced with NOS parts from Arizona Parts. Car had been hit in the rear (light hit)
Hubcaps replaced with NOS units identical to what was on the car when it was first sold
NOS courtesy lamp lenses
Replaced ash tray with one of the correct color

History of the car:

I do not have any information on the original owner, but the second owner purchased the car in 1984 from Roberts Chrysler Plymouth in Meriden, Connecticut by a Mr. John Froderman. Mr. Froderman purchased the car for his young daughter to use while at college, but when she graduated, she no longer wanted the car and gave it back to her father. He then used as a pleasure car for more than 20 years, only driving it during the summer months in good weather and storing it in a garage the rest of the time. Because of this treatment, and the excellent care and maintenance Mr. Froderman gave the car over the years, it survived intact and did not rust away like so many of these cars did up here in New England. I finally purchased the car from him in August 2008 and it has proved to be a great tour car. I have driven it on a number of long distance trips and just returned from Hershey, Pennsyvania AACA show; a round trip of over 800 miles.

Here is a link to photos of the car. As you can see, it is a very sharp car, though of course, it has some minor cosmetic flaws given it's age and mileage. But I think it is better than most of the Lebaron convertibles you will see of this vintage.

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j43 ... nvertible/

I'd like to get $2,600 for the car, given the condition and the recent work. If I have to take less, I might just decide to keep it as a back up car.

You may contact me at 860-335-2832 or by email at jtlepak@cox.net. You may also contact me by sending a private message on this website.
82Lebaronconv
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car