1986 Aries K car 14,800 miles

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1986 Aries K car 14,800 miles

Postby hussjim » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi,

This car has 14,800 miles on it, yes fourteen thousand. It doesn't look like anyone has ever sat in the rear seats,
the tires look original, Michelin, great tread but age cracked. I didn't buy it to sell it but
since I found this group I hate to drive it into the ground if someone wanted a low mileage
car to restore. The car is located in New York State, closest big city is Syracuse. I can provide
photos and video if anyone is interested. I am not posting any price as I do not know how much
it is worth.

The car was garage kept my a man who rarely drove, he died, the son had it a few years, drove
it about 3,000 miles and then wanted to sell it. I bought it as an extra car.

It runs really nice, shifts fine (the fluid was changed a few years ago) actually it zips right along.
There is some surface rust at the lower moldings, some surface rust under it, I was told it
Was “Ziebart-ed” (an undercoating company, donno if they still exist) when it was purchased.

You can email me if interested, jhcraigs@yahoo.com don't bother spamming me, trying the "Oh I sent you
a check for a $1,000 more, send me back the difference”, heard them all.

Thanks,
JH
hussjim

Car Information: Aires K, 1987

Re: 1986 Aries K car 14,800 miles

Postby MyDodgeDip » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:07 pm

It's hard to say what it's worth with no pictures. Is it a 2 door, 4 door or wagon? 2.2, 2.5? column shift, floor shift w/console? Buckets or bench? Colors? Wheels?

Has any other service been done on it other than the trans fluid? If it sat around a lot, have the belts, hoses, antifreeze and oil been changed? Do the brakes feel ok, no pulses or grab?

Have you checked that the surface rust on the rockers is really surface? They rust from the inside out in that area so sometimes it looks like surface rust but if you poke it, it's a big hole.
MyDodgeDip

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car