1988 K Car SHOWROOM CONDITION 36k Miles!!

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1988 K Car SHOWROOM CONDITION 36k Miles!!

Postby nobuds » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:26 am

1988 Plymouth Reliant SE K car. The car that saved Chrysler!! Own a piece of American history that draws smiling people together. I can’t tell you how many people comment on this car everywhere I go. They all say “I remember this car, my so and so had one, what a great car and this one looks like it drove off the showroom floor!!” Even the youngsters at valet parking put it right in front!!

I purchased this car back in April, 2012 from a dealer outside of Philadelphia, PA that was fanatical about 1980’s Mopars. I was looking for something interesting, super clean, reliable, fun and affordable for my mom to enjoy for the summer. I had been searching for 1980’s cars for months on ebay when I came across this particular gem. I went to the dealer twice to look at this vehicle for about 2 hours on each visit. He let me drive the car for quite some time (20 miles+) to confirm it was in top shape and road worthy. I purchased the car and drove 3 hours home to NY.

The car had 35,500 miles on it (currently has 36,400 miles). The “Ice Blue Clear Coat” paint is in perfect condition- glossy and smooth. There are a couple of minor flaws- a scrape in the lower part of the rear bumper (used touch up paint to cover) and a couple of small cracks/chips near the front left headlight assembly trim meets the front fender. There is no visible rust anywhere on the car, although the very bottoms of the inside of the rear wheel wells do have some early signs of “bubbling up.”

Mechanically, as well, the car is pristine. There are no leaks anywhere, no signs of any accident, abuse or poor workmanship. I did a full preventative maintenance service over the summer including: electrical system (cap, rotor, wires, coil), A/C conversion to R12- blows ice cold, belts, hoses, all fluids, etc. The tire have 300 miles on them- brand new! The rest of the vehicle is in excellent condition- brakes, suspension, etc.

From the 1988 Plymouth brochure, I gather that it has the “Popular Equipment Discount” option package which includes:

Bench seat with no-charge optional front center armrest.

Air Conditioning

Rear Window Defroster

Power Steering

Power Brakes

14 inch sport wheel covers

2.5L inline 4 cylinder with 96 horsepower and 133 ft-lbs of torque. (Upgraded from the base 2.2L) with a 3 speed automatic.

This may be the finest, lowest mileage K-Car available anywhere. Please contact me at (352) 219-7355 or hitek@aol.com if I can provide additional details or you would like to test drive this fine piece of automotive memorabilia. ASKING $6,800.

Pics here.....

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/share ... /otsi=SAER
nobuds

Car Information: 1988 Plymouth Reliant K

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car