1987 Reliant Wagon 2.5

Post here for all Sales: Cars & Parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1987 Reliant Wagon 2.5

Postby Mitch340Duster » Thu May 23, 2013 8:35 pm

This belonged to the "old lady next-door". I bought it a couple of years ago with the intent of fixing it up but other projects will keep me from finishing it. I did a tremendous amount of work to the car. I think I have some $1500 in parts receipts, including reman cylinder head. Runs good. The interior is really nice, looks more like 10 years old rather than 27, except for the headliner, which I replaced and have re-adhered 3 times but it keeps falling. Apparently no manufacturer is capable of producing an adhesive that works.
I replaced the muffler but cheaped-out on replacing the exhaust pipe, so now that pipe broke so the exhaust is loud. This car starts, runs, and drives. The only thing that needs immediate attention is the exhaust, although I drove it that way for weeks before retiring the car.
The exterior is not terrible, there's some rot forming at the top of the rear wheels, but the entire car's painted areas were painted with a brush by the previous owner (hence it is nicknamed the "HPC" (hand-painted car).
Sadly there is some good rot on the driver's floor and the rocker panels which is by far the biggest issue with the car.
I had the car listed on Ebay a year or 2 ago for $1500 which I knew was too much and there was very little interest in it. At this time I would say make me an offer. The car is in Manchester, CT. I have a lot more pictures upon request. Thanks for looking !!
At this time I am unable to attach pictures due to an error "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".
I will try to put them on my personal web site and update the info
Mitch340Duster

Car Information: 1987 Plymouth Reliant wagon

Re: 1987 Reliant Wagon 2.5

Postby Mitch340Duster » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Car is being scrapped )ctober 1 so someone please make an offer
Mitch340Duster

Car Information: 1987 Plymouth Reliant wagon

Re: 1987 Reliant Wagon 2.5

Postby capev86 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:07 am

possibly interested in parts, especially if the car has an almond (tan) interior! some pics would be nice!
!
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Return to For members: Buy or sell your K-car