1982 Mark Cross convertible leather seats

Post here for any Cars and Parts desired!

Moderator: 89ARIES

1982 Mark Cross convertible leather seats

Postby blazin bill » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:34 pm

I am needing the Mark Cross leather bucket seat covers for my 82 LeBaron convertible. I do not need the seat frames and the covers are easily removed from the frames to save on shipping. I will take any pieces (seat backs and or seat cushions) in order to complete the front seats--one piece or all pieces. Must be in good to excellent condition with no rips or tears. These only came in 2-tone chestnut and mahogany brown. 1982 and 1983 used the same seats. I live in an area that has no Chrysler salvage yards within 200 miles, so I am having a hard time finding these covers. Any help would be appreciated--even one piece would be a great help. Don't need the back seats, thanks! Headrests and center armrest is also needed. Also would like a Mark Cross umbrella in it's zippered cover. Thanks so much! Bill Harper
blazin bill

Car Information: Chrysler lebaron mark cross convertible 1982

Re: 1982 Mark Cross convertible leather seats

Postby turbokcar » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:27 pm

I think you will need to find a shop near by and have the seats redone in leather. I had the same problem, and they had leather that was close to what I needed. they can make them look original.
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Postby blazin bill » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks turbokcar! Unfortunately, we have no such upholstery shop around here that could do such a job. I spent 950.00 last summer having my driver's seat on my 82 Imperial redone. One thing led to another and he ended up "painting" beige leather a Mark Cross gray. The grain did not match, the color is flaking off. He supposedly is the best in this area. I ended up buying a complete pair of seats from a collector in Michigan. I am hoping I can find somebody out there who has a set of these seats or even partial seats that are useable, as I don't want to go through another fiasco with upholsterers who don't know how to work with leather. I certainly appreciate your time responding to me! Let's keep our fingers crossed that something nice will eventually turn up. Thanks, Bill
blazin bill

Postby turbokcar » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm starting to think it's easier to get the whole car as opposed to getting a part here or a part there. I have spent over $12000 on my car easy, and can't sell it for $3000
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Postby blazin bill » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:05 pm

I hear what you're saying!! I bought this car new and have kept it garaged most of it's life. I let a friend use it one summer and that is what led to my damaged seats!! I have spent a fortune over the years just trying to keep it looking and running like new. It gets harder and harder because no one takes an interest in preserving the car nor do they really know how to keep it running without paying big money on things that "might" fix it. But she is my baby and as long as I have a job I will continue to pour money into her. I'm so glad I found this club--wish there were members near me so we could get together and chat in person. No luck yet on the seats, but I'm still looking, and hoping!! Thanks Turbokcar!! Blazin Bill
blazin bill

Postby Silverbeard » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:26 am

Blazin Bill, let us know what part of the country you are located, may be someone around.
What colour do you have and what is your milage? Share you experiences or problems. Post some photos.
Preserving my 82 has not been a problem (other than new roof and repaint) with only normal maintenance over the last 22 years.
Just recently talked to someone who said they had one like mine that was 'beat' parked behind their shop. I plan on going to see exactly what it is and whether it is a parts bucket or not.
Will keep you posted.
Martin
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby blazin bill » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:25 am

Hello Martin, My Mark Cross is white with the standard two tone brown leather seats. I live in Fort Smith, Arkansas, which about halfway between Little Rock, Arkansas and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. There used to be a great salvage yard in OK City that had a large supply of K cars and Lebaron Convertibles. I used to go there every year to purchase parts for my old Chryslers. Last year they informed me that all K cars and convertibles had been crushed!! There are no other salvage yards around here now that have a large Chrysler selection. I have had problems the last 15 years with my carburetor. Two years ago I had a new carb installed but the problem is only slightly better(floods, stalls,runs too rich sometimes) but performs well out on the highway(just doesn't like to idle at a stoplight!) My air conditioner stopped running about 10 years ago--the mechanics around here put this part on and that part on, but it doesn't blow cold for more than a couple of days, so I have given up on that for awhile. The battery won't hold a charge for more than a week or two. I was told that Imperials had the same problem and it was caused by the horn buttons making constant contact and slowly running the battery down. I have checked the buttons and they are perfect--the problem is elsewhere but the mechanics can never seem to find out what is causing it. I just disconnect the battery when I'm not driving it for a few days. These are not big problems--just annoying ones--and the Chrysler people here cannot seem to fix them. I LOVE this car and, if I didn't , I would not have kept it all these years!! I still have my Cartier crystal ignition key, Mark Cross key fob,umbrella,leather folder, and the original cassette demo tape! I am still looking for replacement belt weatherstrips for my doors--mine are in shreds. Still looking for replacement seats--I loaned my car to a friend one summer and he ruined the seats!! (I learned my lesson) A huge rock hit my driver's side windshield trim piece and put a huge dent in it. I purchased a used trim piece, but when I got it home it was too long and would not fit. It must have come off a 1984 model. So, If you happen to find a nice shiny trim piece on a parts car please let me know! That goes for the belt weatherstripping and leather bucket seats as well. Would love to send pics of my "Mary Lou" but--believe it or not-- I don't own a camera! Thanks Silverbeard for your response and any help you can give! Hope the parts car you are going to look at is a winner! Take care, Blazin Bill
blazin bill

Postby djvant » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:05 am

I have what you need and more. A complete near mint interior. In dry storage for 25 years. I want to sell complete pkg.
djvant

Car Information: 1988 Aries Wagon,1986 lebaron Convertable,Etc.

Postby gevansva@aol.com » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:47 am

Hello. How much of the interior components do you have, and how much do you have them offered for? Do you have any photos to forward? Thank you.

George
gevansva@aol.com

Postby big pimpn' » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 am

hey i hear of all your big problems with parts call viking auto salavge in northfeild minnesota man do they have K car parts of all kinds up here in mn most rott out under neath befor any thing alse go's i believe they ship too if not I could arange some thing for a price if not their french lake auto salavge in anndale mn got the classic cars 19 09 20 30 40 50 60 70 80's its a grave yard of dreams i pack a lunch every time i go out their with tools i;ve walked half the yard in 45 mins
any way keep the long keep them runnn'
Big pimpn' out
big pimpn'

Next

Return to Club Wishlist