Need Early Reliant Parts

Post here for any Cars and Parts desired!

Moderator: 89ARIES

Need Early Reliant Parts

Postby jed1977K81 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi yall, I am in process of fixing my 81 Reliant 2 door. I am in need of Both front fenders and a trnk lid. Cant find any in my area. Any help is appreciated.
jed1977K81

Car Information: 1981 plymouth Reliant

Re: Need Early Reliant Parts

Postby 88 aries » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 am

theres a place that 1of10k and I call, K-car heaven, every kind of K-car you can think of is in that yard, many 81-84's including 5 speed wagons and 4 speed sedans, only problem is that he is expensive and the parts are so old that they most likely are rusty, but the front fenders never rusted out really bad. other than that place and sewards auto salvage in milton wisconsin, I have no other resources for parts, you could try elmers as well, they will do shipping I think.
88 aries

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm

I don't know what part of Pennsylvania you live in - but in eastern Pa, this business including 3 locations is probably the largest junyard. Its about 100 miles from where I live - but usually worth the trip.

http://www.wegotused.com/

Hazeltown and Pennsburg locations are much larger than the Allentown location. Each site has a U-pull yard and a yard where only employees can enter and remove parts. Prices are much better in the U-pull it yards. Last time I was there was a couple of years ago and both Hazeltown and Pennsburg yards had K-cars. You have to check back often from time to time as they crush the cars when they start running out of room or cars are stripped or there is not too interest in the cars. (Usually the 3rd case with the early K-cars). If you go be prepared to walk alot as the Chrysler product cars have been placed at the farthest distance away from the entrance. In Winter you have to check before you go - not always open.

Also, in the summer go to this event in Carlisle Pa to buy parts. (Weekdays or Saturday are best days to buy parts.) It has probably the largest mopar only automobile fleamarket in the country.

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events ... nationals/
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Here is a used one postd on ebay. But its in WI aand probably costs too much to ship.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/81-82-83 ... ccessories
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Postby jed1977K81 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Thanks everyone for all the great info. It seems I am not gonna have as hard a time finding parts as I thought! Heck, I was even surprised to find this web site! But since I found one for my Pacers, why not the wonderful little K cars!
jed1977K81

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 pm

I know someone (that deals in Mopar) who had (probably still has) some NOS AMC parts for either Gremlims or Pacers or maybe both. I think mostly bumpers or chrome items but maybe some other stuff. I will see him in April and see what he still has. His prices are usually very reasonable.

Best Regards,
Ron
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Postby jed1977K81 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 pm

That would be great Ron! Always looking for stuff for the Pacers as well! My 79 Wagon has only 36K original and I am slowly getting it to look it!
jed1977K81

Postby mkjohnson39 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:04 pm

I have an 86 Reliant. I have several parts that may be of use to you.
New-blue dash cover.
Passenger window-right front. One for mirrored and one for without.
One right side mirror black-needs painting.
Some other part also.

The dash cover is 30 dollars. The other items are for the price of shipping.
Let me know. mkjohnson39@yahoo.com
mkjohnson39

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant 1986

Return to Club Wishlist