Another Spammer: nualliawlutki

Post here for any Cars and Parts desired!

Moderator: 89ARIES

Another Spammer: nualliawlutki

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:09 pm

We need to put a stop to these obvious spammers from posting. Take a look at this Spammers entered profile. I suggest postings be restricted to registered users who have first passed a screening test.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Re: Another Spammer: nualliawlutki

Postby Baron » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:20 pm

There is now supposed to be an anti-spammer group that can do something about this, of which I am supposed to be one, but I can't find any way of deleting the post or the spammer. Has the team been set up, but not, as yet, the tools? Otherwise, I would have used my spot in the team to immediately clean this up.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:24 pm

I just sent the Webmaster requesting access to be allowed to ban these obvious spammers or freeze their accounts to stop them from posting.

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:33 pm

And guests should not be given unrestricted access to post - (like I just posted above) or should be restricted to posting in a guests only section. This Forum needs some basic upgrades or should be scrapped.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Baron » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:33 pm

I administer another forum, that by the looks and styles, has the same 'host'. I know on that one, and I'm sure its true for most other, you can restrict guests to things like reading posts only. I think there is even an option where guests can basically access the home page and get an idea of what a forum is about, but cannot access the rest of the forum until they join. All those options are available in the system administration. Its just a matter of changing the options.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Return to Club Wishlist