"Flex-Drive Regulator Assembly"

Post here for any Cars and Parts desired!

Moderator: 89ARIES

"Flex-Drive Regulator Assembly"

Postby wienker » Tue May 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Needed: "Flex-Drive Regulator Assembly" for 1986 Dodge 600 CONVERTIBLE. Quarter Window Regulator, Driver's side, Rear. Need the FLEXIBLE TRACK, not the motor. Anyone know of possible source? Newer inhabitant of K-World.
wienker

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600 Convertible

Re: "Flex-Drive Regulator Assembly"

Postby wienker » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:43 am

Reply to self, for benefit of other members who might be in need of same part. I went to Car-Parts.com and posted the part I was looking for. This goes out to salvage yards all over. Received several replies (email & Phone messages). Went with an offer from Quality Auto Parts. Not cheap but I was getting desperate. When the box arrived they had sent the motor, which I had specifically stated I did not need, but not the flex drive assembly or track. I called them and had to return the part (at my expense). I called and emailed them to find out if they could still get me the correct part, but received no answers. So I decided I had to find another source. After a full day of searching online I came across cpidivision.com (Clean Plus Inc. / CPI Divisions, West Concord MN). It appears they were the OEM for the Flex Rack as it is called. I called them and was able to order the flexible track for $29.98 including shipping. It arrived within a week. Then a few days later another box arrived from Quality Auto Parts with a Flex-Drive Regulator Assembly, including motor, from an '86 LeBaron. I cleaned it, lubed it, plugged it into my car and it worked. Then, with the new part from CPI, I was able to repair my original part and re-install it in the car. So I ended up with an extra assembly, but the window is working.
wienker

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600 Convertible

Return to Club Wishlist