Wanted: 1983-1985 Dodge 600 Sedan

Post here for any Cars and Parts desired!

Moderator: 89ARIES

Wanted: 1983-1985 Dodge 600 Sedan

Postby Spats » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:26 am

I figured I'd post on this under this section as well.

I am in search of a Dodge 600 from those years, before they changed the front grille style. This is my dream K-Car.

Apparently this car as a sedan is rather rare. I'm hoping someday I'll get lucky and find one. I have Ebay searches on it as well. So far just two convertible versions over the past year or so.
Spats
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler New Yorker 2.5

Re: Wanted: 1983-1985 Dodge 600 Sedan

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:45 am

There is a 1983 Dodge 600 4dr Sedan for sale right now in South Carolina on Craigslist.

It is the rarest 600

I'll post ya a link tommorrow.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby josiemy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:31 pm

I'm not sure if you are still looking, but I have an '85 600 sedan in blue/grey that I am going to be looking into selling. I saw that you are in Pittsburgh- I'm outside of Allentown on the other side of the state.

I was the second owner of the car- I purchased it when I was in high school in '94. A few years ago, I had a piston giveout on me and had the engine replaced with one with 30k miles on it. While I was replacing the engine, a few other things went wrong in the interim. Both axles were replaced and then the brakes went. I was forced to retire it as my primary car and it turned into a project car. I then got pregnant 3x and have not put anymore work into it in a few years because of having other family commitments (like two toddlers and a baby due in May!). A junk man came by my house and offered my a few hundred for it, but I couldn't bear the thought of my special car going to someone to crush. I really want it to have a home where it will be cared for like I did for many years. It really was a beautiful car when it was being driven. I had a new clearcoat put on it and lots of little parts replaced to keep it looking nice.

I am actually going to go my parents house where it is kept this weekend to have a look at it and see how much needs to be done to make it drivable. I already know that it needs rear brakes. It has obviously not been inspected in several years and is not "legal" in PA right now. I would surmise that I will be selling it "as-is" when the time comes.

If you or anyone else has any interest, let me know!
josiemy

Car Information: 1985 Dodge 600

Postby Spats » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:59 am

Yeah, I am still looking. I haven't been on the forum lately due to a recent move... I do need to read up.

If you could, can you get any pics of it this weekend? All around the exterior as well as interior? I would appreciate that.

Thanks!
Spats
Car Fan

Postby josiemy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi! I decided to go over and watch the Flyers game at my parents house last night, so I got some pictures of the car for you. I still intend to go over this weekend and see if we can get him started up- my dad is charging the battery for me and hopefully Saturday we can get it kicked up and going.

Here is what I can tell you about it without starting it up.

The Good:
Power doors and locks
Upholstery is in great condition especially considering the age- just needs a good cleaning (except visors which were threadbare while I was driving it, but ceiling it tip top!)
You can see on the interior doors that all the original "woodwork" is in place
A clearcoat was put on about 6 years ago that got rid of that Chrysler fade that happens to most of them
Engine was replaced with one with 30k miles on it before I stopped driving it
2 new axles were put on at that time as well and haven't been driven on yet

The not so good:
There are no rear brakes on it right now- they seized up and were taken off to prepare for new ones to go on, but never got there.
There is a rust spot in the back as pictured- But, this is the ONLY problem with the body
It has not been inspected or registered since '04. We did try to get it inspected that year, but failed because of the issue with the brakes.
Rear-view mirror fell off sometime this year and glass broke. (Should be replaceable cheaply from a u-pull-it)
Since it has been sitting, I'm sure that it will need new tires as well.
Anyone who is interested in the car will have to tow it to their location as it is not legal as it is and I suppose you couldn't really drive it without brakes :?

I put quite a bit of love into the car before we got a new one. I was constantly filling in missing parts with parts from the pull-it places and really kept on on maintenance. I got very nostaligiac cleaning it up and wish I had the time and money for him...I put about $1K into it in the months before we got a new car and just couldn't put anymore in.
I'll give an update after we do the start this weekend, but wanted to get this up just to see if you have any interest. I just couldn't bear the thought of someone killing the car (crushing for scrap), so I hope that either you on someone on here will be interested or be able to point me in the direction of someone who will have the time for it and love it.
josiemy

Car Information: 1985 Dodge 600

Postby Spats » Thu May 01, 2008 5:43 am

Very sorry for getting back to you so late on this. Lots of personal stuff came up and I haven't been online that much.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to pass on this one. Everything is there except this car has the newer, redesigned front end on it. I honestly thought that was '86 and later. I'm trying to find one with the older style front end that looks like a Mirada.

But thank you for posting, and for taking all the pictures though. I did appreciate that. I just hope someone else is able to give it a nice, new home.
Spats
Car Fan

Return to Club Wishlist