Parts Request 1985 Reliant

Post here for Callouts to other members

Moderator: 89ARIES

Parts Request 1985 Reliant

Postby Lloyd » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:38 am

I am restoring a 1985 Plymouth Reliant Wagon Garnet Red (PR6)and looking for parts suppliers for various electrical items hopefully located in the Pacific Northwest;. I have done the usual Google searches for parts yards thru the US and have hit a zero. I have posted to several junk yard lists for several months to no avail. Any help would be deeply appreciated as the restoration is 80% complete.
Most sincerely.
Lloyd Cable
Seattle,WA
Lloyd

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant Wagon 1985

Re: Parts Request 1985 Reliant

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:36 pm

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. If you are looking for NOS parts or Mopar specific parts try this vendor.
http://www.arizonaparts.com/

If you are looking for more general electrical maintance type parts try:
http://www.rockauto.com/

This is one junkyard search engine/
http://www.mypartshop.com/

Here is a parts supplier link page from the WPC Club
http://www.chryslerclub.org/links.htm

Also, parts show up on Ebay occassionaly.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Re: Parts Request 1985 Reliant #2

Postby Lloyd » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Thanks for the sources I have however already tried them to no avail.
The part I am looking for is the Master Power Window Switch Assembly Chrysler p/n 12484, located on the drivers door. It also controls the power door locks. This was made by the ETN Switch Division for Chrysler. ETN no longer exists.
The other part I am looking for is the Fuel Pump Control ModuleI Chrysler p/n 5226640. These are both OEM parts and have no commercial duplicates and must come from a salvaged K-Car.I have tried Google and have come up with many parts houses and junk yards none of which have the parts so far. I am now Googling junk yards for various Washington cities and calling them and will expand my search to other states as time permits.
Thanks for your feedback and help. I appreciate it.
If anyone on this board knows of any Reliant Wagons 1985/86/87 in a salvage yard anywhere please keep me in mind and reply
Lloyd

Re: Parts Request 1985 Reliant #2

Postby mkjohnson39 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Lloyd wrote:Thanks for the sources I have however already tried them to no avail.
The part I am looking for is the Master Power Window Switch Assembly Chrysler p/n 12484, located on the drivers door. It also controls the power door locks. This was made by the ETN Switch Division for Chrysler. ETN no longer exists.
The other part I am looking for is the Fuel Pump Control ModuleI Chrysler p/n 5226640. These are both OEM parts and have no commercial duplicates and must come from a salvaged K-Car.I have tried Google and have come up with many parts houses and junk yards none of which have the parts so far. I am now Googling junk yards for various Washington cities and calling them and will expand my search to other states as time permits.
Thanks for your feedback and help. I appreciate it.
If anyone on this board knows of any Reliant Wagons 1985/86/87 in a salvage yard anywhere please keep me in mind and reply

I just replace my CPU (computer in kick panel) and y voltage regulator. Auto Zone order the parts.
mkjohnson39

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant 1986

Postby MyDodgeDip » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:17 am

Got a picture of the switches?
MyDodgeDip

Postby Lloyd » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Yes, I have closeup views of front, side & rear of the switch assembly.
As soon as I figure out how to post the via this site I will send them to you.
Any info would be deeply appreciated.

L. Cable
Seattle, WA
Lloyd

Postby 88 aries » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:53 pm

good luck finding the power window switch as its a Very Very Rare item on Reliant and aries, I do know of a junkyard that has over 30 K-cars sitting in it, but he doesn't ship. you could try elmers auto salvage of fountain city WI. The window switch i'm sad to say your SOL...
88 aries

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Are you sure you have the correct part number for the switch? Is the switch you are looking for a 5-gang switch used on the station wagons or it it something different?
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby MyDodgeDip » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:52 am

Knowing Chrysler in the 80's they used the same switch in every K based car. It's the one with the large rectangular rocker switches, right?
MyDodgeDip

Postby Lloyd » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 am

Yes. There are 5 switches total. Four in teo groups of two and one across the top for the door locks. The number I got was from the body of the switch assembly when I disassembled it and very well may not be a Chrysler #.

lloyd
Lloyd

Next

Return to Callouts