WONDERFUL NEWS ABOUT CFC!!! MUST READ!!!

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

WONDERFUL NEWS ABOUT CFC!!! MUST READ!!!

Postby taxiguy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 am

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_c ... Z1c2lvbg--

"Another car shopper emailed CNNMoney.com saying he went to the Environmental Protection Agency's fueleconomy.gov Web site on Saturday to double-check the fuel economy rating for his 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis. When he had visited previously, the car's combined city and highway fuel economy was rated at 18 miles per gallon, making it eligible for the program.

But on Saturday, he found something different: The fuel economy for his car had been raised to 19 mpg -- one mile per gallon over the maximum fuel-efficiency allowed under the Car Allowance Rebate System (aka Cash for Clunkers). As a result, he became ineligible for a trade-in credit worth up to $4,500."

Can you believe that? His Grand Marquis was SAVED!!! And ALL OTHERS will be too! That includes the LTD Crown Victoria and Town Car!

NO FULL-SIZE FORDS WILL BE KILLED IN CASH FOR CLUNKERS!!! :!:

Why did they change the MGP you ask? Well,there are approximately 100 other cars that have been re-rated for MPG and because of that become not-qualified for the CFC rebate as well:

"Even though the program's basic requirements have been known since it was created by Congress earlier this year, Cash for Clunkers didn't become official until July 24. So as part of the official launch, the EPA conducted "quality assurance and quality control effort regarding fuel economy calculations on more than 30,000 vehicle model types spanning the past 25 years," according to an e-mail sent by EPA spokesman Dale Kemery.

As a result, eligibility for roughly 100 vehicles was affected, Kemery wrote. However, roughly equal numbers became newly eligible and newly ineligible."

AHHHH!! I'm so happy!! I'm going to the EPA website right now to see which other cars have been disqualafied (Hopefully Caprice and Roadmaster!)
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Re: WONDERFUL NEWS ABOUT CFC!!! MUST READ!!!

Postby dodgeariesguy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:54 pm

1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5 3-Speed
19 City
21 Combined
25 Hwy

1988 Chevrolet Caprice 6 cyl, 4.3 L, Automatic 4-spd, (FFS), Regular
17 city 25 hwy
Chevrolet Caprice 8 cyl, 5.0 L, Automatic 4-spd, (305) (FFS), Regular
15 city 22 hwy

1993 Buick Roadmaster
15 City
17 Combined
23 Hwy
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby Butch » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:00 am

Sounds like Obummer is trying to back out of it IMO.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby 1of10K » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:32 am

The hardset part for me to believe is that they will scrap these cars. I know if I was working in a dealership and there were rows and rows of older C for C cars waiting for the crusher, it would be hard to resist harvesting trim, wheelcovers, all sorts of other soon to be rare parts before the cars meet their end. Here's hoping some one at these various dealers thinks the same way, or at least turns a blind eye to it, and not all these cars meet their end complete!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:53 pm

Actually, there is a $25,000 fine if any dealership is caught reselling the car. Also, the dealerships are
being forced to blow up the engines with a chemical solution and then dispose of the car at their own cost. However, many are opposing this as they don't want to pay extra money. I also don't understand why Chrysler is matching the CFC with an additional $4500 when they are supposedly bankrupt. I am very happy
to hear the Ford Crown Victorias will be save. Wish I could say the same for the Chrysler Fifth Avenue. They
are known to get 25mpg highway and 13mpg city. I think the estimates should be readjusted for that as well. The whole program is nothing more but an attempt by the government to jumpstart the auto industry. They don't care about old cars and what inflating the used car marketplace would do to cars for
causes and affordable transportation. The news about the MPG adjustment however is very good news! :lol:
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby MoparDan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 pm

What about the Chrysler Ms last I check it was 18 MPG highway while I was getting 22-25 daily another web site I'm apart of theres some pic of a mint (I'm not kidding!) 54k '84-'85 Chrysler Fifth Avenue 'clunker' sickoning to say the least! and I'm not just say that because I've owned two of those incredable cars
MoparDan
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:19 am

We have no idea of knowing how many, but plenty of classic 80s cars are being destroyed, many in perfectly good running shape. I have seen them on the web and really don't want to
go to any dealership for fear of what I'd find. The Fifth Avenue is one of them. However, did you guys hear the good news. At the moment, until another hair-brained scheme is thought up,
President Obama has announced the CFC program is to end Monday. The demand was to high, the media said and that they wiped out 438,000 cars and are running out of inventory. However, less than 10% of the dealers have been paid the $4500 vouchers and the 1000s of cars and trucks are sitting in lots awaiting their doom. Half the dealers are pulling out of CFC because of MASSIVE inefficiency on the way this program was implemented as dealers are being left unpaid, the government computer system for CARS crashed on a ongoing basis, and at the moment there is no plan to extend the money. Also, did you notice some cars traded in didn't even qualify? They had a 70s AMC Concord hanging out of a dumpster. Plenty of fraud, confusion, stupidity, and general inefficiency. Hopefully, this suspension of the program will stop the massive damage being inflicted on the used cars business and cars for charity. I am very happy about this, but I won't believe it until I actually see announced that the program has been terminated and we have a few weeks without any more attempts at CFC. However, I fully expect the government to come up with another way to destroy old cars. Yes, we can all agree to disagree. Perhaps this program was good for
the auto dealer, but it certainly was typical of the American consumerism and greed as plenty of good running cars were wasted with that glue. The whole thing was an attempt to jumpstart the economy at
the expense of the poor to make us pay for this program in the long run through our tax money and inflated prices going towards this program. It was a BIG stupid waste. Thats my opinion, your welcome to yours.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby taxiguy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 am

89ARIES wrote: Also, did you notice some cars traded in didn't even qualify? They had a 70s AMC Concord hanging out of a dumpster.

The cars in the dumpster displays are usually not actual trade-ins, just old cars the dealer found. I saw a picture with a 1986 Ford Taurus and a 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu in a dumpster, neither of which actually qualify.
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Postby 88 aries » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:10 am

i know one thing, Mater would not qualify :lol: love that movie.
88 aries

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects