Virtual car show anyone?

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Virtual car show anyone?

Postby 88 aries » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:17 am

govenment issued car, ya i know its kind of odd, shes a base model with buckets. and buckets were not optioned for a base model K-car. same goes for the 14 inch tires. There are some strange options on this thing. the bumper guards also, it was used as medical car at one point so the miles are low, i bought it with 85,000 drove it last summer until november. it was stored with 97,444 and now since ive had it out 1,916, it just turned over 98,000 comming home from a show in may since then its gone 460 Miles. so i dont drive them that often.
88 aries

Postby ReliantLV » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:24 am

Virtual car show sounds like fun, that's the only show where I could enter mine for now! :mrgreen:
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby farmertom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:24 am

Here is the driveway shot of my 1986 Plymouth Reliant.

And the 2.2 engine.

And my interior.

And here is my 1988 Reliant. A virtual show is probably the only show that this would be allowed to be in. :lol:

The 86 has a bench but the 88 has buckets. I drive the 88 daily so I prefer the buckets over the bench becuase they are adjustable. The back on the bench is in one position so I don't think that it is very comforatable but I do like the armrest. Justin, it sounds like our Reliants are pretty similar. Both have buckets, 14" wheels, bumper guards. I got you beat on bare basics though. My 1988 has the AM only radio in it still which I listen to everyday. :lol:
farmertom
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant

Postby 88 aries » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:34 am

farmertom wrote:Here is the driveway shot of my 1986 Plymouth Reliant.

And the 2.2 engine.

And my interior.

And here is my 1988 Reliant. A virtual show is probably the only show that this would be allowed to be in. :lol:

The 86 has a bench but the 88 has buckets. I drive the 88 daily so I prefer the buckets over the bench becuase they are adjustable. The back on the bench is in one position so I don't think that it is very comforatable but I do like the armrest. Justin, it sounds like our Reliants are pretty similar. Both have buckets, 14" wheels, bumper guards. I got you beat on bare basics though. My 1988 has the AM only radio in it still which I listen to everyday. :lol:

sorry tom but my 85 Aries is more basic, no A/C bench seat with no arm rest no tinted windows, AM Radio, no rear window defrost no intermitent wipers. carbed 2.2 base outside trim. But our 86's are like the same, oh just think those are your hubcaps you sent me
88 aries

Postby 88 aries » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:37 am

if theres one thing i need to do, that is get my dash painted the blue like yours. heres one tip you should wax the valve cover and touchup the block with a little black paint. other than that she looks great.
88 aries

Postby farmertom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:43 am

Wow, that is a basic car. I do like the dark blue dash more that the light blue. The light blue must have been favored by the government or something. The ashtray in my 1986 has a piece cracked off and sloppily glued back on so when I was in the junkyard today I looked for one. I was all excited when I found that the only K there, a 1986 LeBaron coupe non-turno, also had a dark blue ashtray but it turned out to have a piece missing in almost the exact same spot. Oh well, at least that is a non-essential part.
farmertom
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant

Postby 88 aries » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:46 am

well i added that, you see the original was so cracked and crappy, so i stuck this one in, thank god this one was blue. maybe thats what i will do tommrow. go get the paint for that dash.
88 aries

Previous

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects