They're all trucks, my friends

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

They're all trucks, my friends

Postby taxiguy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:25 pm

The evidence keeps piling up. Check out this article to see the top 10 "clunkers" turned in. ALL TRUCKS AND VANS. Plus the article also quotes an even higher statistic than I said before. 83 percent of all clunkers traded in are trucks/vans. Be happy. Rejoice!

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_c ... RyYWRlcw--
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Re: They're all trucks, my friends

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:39 pm

Thats good news for us, however, are not all trucks and vans considered "clunkers" because of 18 or less. Such a waste in my opinion.
I would have kept the old truck or van. Thanks for the good news taxiguy. However, I still feel the government will attempt later to label anything
old a clunker (including our Ks). They are not the friend of the old car owner.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby taxiguy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Yes it is a shame that they are killing vehicles so meaninglessly (is that a word? LOL) but I'd rather it be an SUV than a nice sedan or wagon. I think I'm going to go to some local dealers and look at their selection of "clunkers" just to see what people are trading in around here. If I see anything that looks like it's too nice to destroy I may just take it home with me :twisted:
taxiguy
Car Fan

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:12 am

I'm afraid to go to any dealers as I don't want to suddenly find a lot full
of 80s cars. I don't think that would be the case, but California has a
thing about scrapping cars. They have already offered a bounty of up to $5000 to trade in ANY car back to 1900 for a new or used car. Much wider scope to destroy. They have not implemented it yet, even though they passed it, because they are broke. Plus, I don't think there are really that many 80s left here. I think the only reason pick a part has like 100 of them because they must be collected from a 50 mile radius and they tend to sit 4 months at the longest. There was a big article a couple years ago where an oil company here paid people $1000s to scrap like 300 classic cars including 40s and 50s. The news reporter and his team bought cars off of three people and the 3 classics that became the focus of a rescue story. However, there is some good news. Even though American stuff is not popular here, there seems to be a club for everything and a few nuts determined to save
something to the end. I do like the old Toyotas. I even saw this weird 70s Suburu hatchback wagon that you guys we'll never see. There is stuff here on the roads that you guys will never find. There is even a K-car club here. :lol:
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby taxiguy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:53 am

89ARIES wrote:I'm afraid to go to any dealers as I don't want to suddenly find a lot full
of 80s cars.

You definitely won't. If you look at what the dealers have it's almost all 1990s SUVs and Minivans. Sure, there is an 80s sedan or wagon here or there but nothing compared to the majority. Just always keep the magic number in mind: 83 percent.
taxiguy
Car Fan

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects