struck a gold mine in the local yard

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

struck a gold mine in the local yard

Postby 88 aries » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:09 am

Today i went to sheldons auto wrecking. i stoped to see if they had anything new, anyways while walking up the isles i found a 87 horizon with the carbed 2.2 (parts for the 85 aries) then on the way back i spotted another K-car that was new, light blue floors are all gone 237,000 miles. I didnt see the car at first because i walked right past it the first time.

anyways the reason why there are 4 80's FWD cars is because of me, these K-cars and the one K cousin are all saved for me and they will never be crushed.

on a sad note i did see a lebaron coupe that had gotten crushed :cry: but not everyone one of them makes it in to retirement.

so if any of you need some parts i have loads of them on tap.
88 aries

Re: struck a gold mine in the local yard

Postby farmertom » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:03 am

Do any of those cars have a dark blue ashtray that is not chipped or broken? I am looking for one for my 1986.
farmertom
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant

Postby taxiguy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:14 am

A/C compressor clutch? :P
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Postby 88 aries » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 am

tom it has a light blue interior but they have replaced it with a dark blue one, but it is cracked,

however i can do this, i just repainted the dash in my 86 to the dark blue like yours. and i have some paint left over, how about i get a good one and then i can paint it for ya and then ship it, 10.00 is what the yard wants for it.
88 aries

Postby farmertom » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:03 am

Hmmmm.....Let me think about it. I'm leaving for school in two weeks and the K cars aren't coming with me so any improvements are being put off. I'll let you know but thank you for willing to paint it. How did your dash turn out?
farmertom
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant

Postby 88 aries » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:12 pm

it turned out great and its is a 100 percent match 8) the paint is a vinyl type made for dashes and the plastic pieces, it costs about 50 dollars for a pint of the stuff, but the money is worth it.

now its original plus a added the wood grain trim on the drivers side so now it looks really nice, and saturday its going to get the windshield from a 86 Aries.
88 aries

Postby RichG » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 pm

That Horizon......a friend of mine needs the drivers side headlight assembly...could you see what they want....? Much obliged....Rich
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Postby 88 aries » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:00 pm

sure thing rich,
88 aries

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects