Roadtrip still a major success, even though we lost 3 people

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Roadtrip still a major success, even though we lost 3 people

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:23 am

Well, the roadtrip was still a major success, even though we got chopped from 9 down to 6 cars because three members suddenly realized they had to work
today. It seems a lot more people are being forced to work on Saturday due to the economy. Like a miracle, the guy with the 2.6 engine that lost its
oil pump survived and a new pump was installed yesterday. He was able to make it. Here were the players:

Myself with 89 Aries Coupe
George with 82 LeBaron Coupe
Robert with 85 LeBaron Conv
Tom with 84 TC LeBaron Conv
Ed with 86 TC LeBaron Wagon
Ray with turbo 85 Caravelle.
Hemidude with 85 Laser

The trip did not go quite as planned, but we still had a lot of fun. We never quite made it to Ventura. The guy who was going to meet us in Ventura
got seperated from us. We didn't get to Ventura because of the parade. We ended up at Carrows in Oxnard. One of the cars was leaking out coolant,
but we made it. I accidentally ended up leaving people behind and half of us got seperated. We also tied up the gas station. People looked at us in
bewilderment to see Ks coming around the mountains. We got it all on video and its going to be so awesome. Also, George decided not to sell
his 82 LeBaron. I am so pleased about this. Also, there seems to be a LOT of interest in doing what every car club should focus on for its
very growth. Repair meets. We should have 4-6 cars at the repair meet a week from tommorrow. A great time by all.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Roadtrip still a major success, even though we lost 3 people

Postby ReliantLV » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:48 am

LOL Guy, every time I read something like 'we lost 3 people' or 'we lost a member', it makes me picture an avalanche in the mountains :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (hopefully that was not the case? LOL)

Glad y'all had fun!
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects