My new K-car 87 lebaron turbo

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

My new K-car 87 lebaron turbo

Postby 88 aries » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:12 pm

I test drove the little K today. not much rust, rockers and front floors are a little rusty, and the hubcaps are gone,

but the real thing was the turbo, coming through town it drove like a normal 2.2 but when accelerating, once the turbo spooled up, she was gone i was very shocked, it threw me in the front seat with lots of torque, and of course i hit the over boost and it jerked.

so in turn my 85 im either going to junk it or sell it. my dad says its a good idea, the lebaron will be worth a little more than a base aries.

but im in love with my first turbo K-car. oh and the digital dash doesnt work.

for wheels im thinking of putting on some shelby rims or pizza rims from a daytona.

options

power windows
powerseats
digital dash
certousy lights
2.2 turbo I

i think its running about 10 LBS of boost im not really sure.

WELCOME TO THE SUPER K!!!!!!!!!! 8)
88 aries

Re: My new K-car 87 lebaron turbo

Postby dodgeariesguy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:21 pm

Good plan Bud, have fun with your Turbo. Post pics soon!
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby 88 aries » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:19 pm

we havent gotten it yet, it has some surface rust, below the gas door is gone and the rockers are gone. and the brakes a mushy,

I hate to scrap the ole 85 but its just to far gone. however if anyone wants any K-car parts or if they want the whole car, just PM me
88 aries

Postby Spats » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:25 am

Congrats!!
Spats
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler New Yorker 2.5

Postby taxiguy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:38 am

So is this a 4-door K-body or a 2-door J-body? I'm a bit confused.

You'll enjoy the turbo, it doesn't feel like driving a giant brick through tar like most K-cars do when you *attempt* to accelerate. That's what I enjoyed so much about my Dodge when I drove it for the first time. At the time it was the fastest car I've ever driven, I've since driven a couple faster things, namely the 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis I'm currently renting while the piece of crap K-vertible is in the shop.... again. That's one thing you WON'T enjoy about the Turbo... they break down about every other week.... even one with only 21,000 miles on it! :evil:
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Postby 88 aries » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:08 am

in my book A K-car is a K-car i love them all accept the J bodies. this one is a K body the only lebaron style i like, the J's are ugly.

and theres one thing i have that you dont taxiguy, im a mechanic as well as a K-car expert, your just a young Kid who drives a K car convertable and doesnt know squat about chrysler 2.2 or 2.5 engines. Besides i bet you dont even know how to install a blow off valve on a turbo K

Butch how do you install a factory boost guage?
88 aries

Postby dodgeariesguy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:30 am

Your 600 is in the shop every other week? Time to go to another shop. Your car should go months or years without any serious problem. Just regular service. These engines are very strong. The average one will last over 350,000km around here. What K-cars are you driving with poor acceleration? Thats one thing these do well because they have more Torque than BHP. Also you might think about getting into the automotive world more, a Gran Marquis is the fastest car you've driven? That would list in my average speed vehicle section, right around the Grand Am GT 3400. Anyway I aprecitate your opinion you might just want to become more involved in cars in the future. 8)
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby 88 aries » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:46 am

a turbo II engine in a GLHS you kick your POS Ford taxiguy.
88 aries

Postby Butch » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:56 am

Hey quit picking on Taxiguy, At least he was smart enough to get on Turbo-Mopar :lol: Boost gauge hooks up to intake mani. vac port.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby 1of10K » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:07 am

I vote to get the Lebaron and strip the turbo and the turbo hood off and put it in your regular K! Tthat will really raise questions at the car show! Wanted to do that with mine, but not sure if the swap would be a bolt in or what with the wiring and all. But it still would be easier than dealing with all the rust. If the rockers are gone, i bet there is alot more that got eaten away or is about to!!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Next

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects