My new K-car 87 lebaron turbo

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: My new K-car 87 lebaron turbo

Postby dodgeariesguy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Butch wrote:Hey quit picking on Taxiguy, At least he was smart enough to get on Turbo-Mopar :lol: Boost gauge hooks up to intake mani. vac port.

Hey I've been over on Turbo-Mopar since I had my Turbo II Horizon for a week :lol: . Its a great site and I told Justin to go there last night. BTW, my username is DODGEARIESGUY.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:58 pm

I have tried to get Turbo-Mopar to sponsor a link from them to the Chrysler K-Car Club to get us much needed membership.
No success so far. The guy I emailed has ignored me. They have TONS of K-car owners we could use. Butch and some of us here are also members over there. Also, remember what we are here for, to share our knowledge. Don't beat on someone
because they have a Ford. Lets not become like other clubs where people flame each other over cars. You guys are forgetting that this club is open to EVERYBODY. Taxiguy, the K-car is much more reliable then you think. If your car is in the shop every week than more than likely you are being ripped off by someone that does not know what they are doing. I wish I knew of a competent person in Michigan for ya. Also, my car is up to 140,000 miles and I have an electronic problem that has been neglected for 2 years. The car is still running strong and getting great gas mileage. I also am on the original engine and tranny. My car has not had a major repair in over a year. I think with your low mileage something is wrong here.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:00 pm

Oh, outside of K-cars, my favorite car happens to be that Ford you guys are referring to.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby taxiguy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:34 am

@88Aries - What is your problem? I have done nothing to you at all yet you are constantly treating me like crap and hating on everything I say. I don't understand your grudge against me and I apologize for anything I did/said that may have bugged you. Also I looked at your profile and it says you're 18 right? Well just so you know that's barely a year and a half older than me so labeling me "some young kid" is more than a bit silly...

dodge1970 wrote: Anyway I aprecitate your opinion you might just want to become more involved in cars in the future. 8)

Erm... no offense, but you may want to get to know me better before you say something like that. I have been drving for a little over a year and have had my full "proper" license for only about 5 months, yet here is the complete list of every single car I've ever driven (been keeping close track ever since I started driving) I've probably driven a larger range of cars than most 16 year olds in the world!

1960 Chevrolet Biscayne
1970 Volkswagen Bus
1972 Volkswagen Beetle
1976 Cadillac Eldorado
1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88
1979 Lincoln Town Car
1984 Chevrolet Caprice
1984 Dodge 600 (different than mine)
1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88
1985 Toyota Camry
1986 Toyota Camry
1987 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
1988 Toyota Camry
1990 Dodge Dynasty
1990 Toyota Camry
1990 Plymouth Voyager
1992 Toyota Corolla Wagon
1992 Geo Prism
1992 Ford Crown Victoria
1993 Ford Taurus
1994 Chrysler Lebaron
1994 Chevrolet Caprice Wagon
1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2002 Oldsmobile Alero
2009 Mercury Grand Marquis

Also, a Grand Marquis may not sound very fast but if you've never actually DRIVEN a late-model one I would certainly hold your tounge before making any assumptions... I was incredibly surprised how quick it was, it could do a 0-60 in under 8 seconds.... my Turbo Dodge is lucky to get 10.... and a non-turbo K-car is more around 12 or 13.

Btw having a bias against a certain car or model simply becuase of the company it comes from is one of the most ignorant things a person can do... if you truly love cars you will appriciate EVERYTHING for what it has to offer. I'm not saying that some cars aren't better than others but every automobile has its pros and cons.... and singling one out as "crap" just because it is a Ford, a Toyota, a Chrysler, a Hyundai, etc.... is just PLAIN STUPID. Every car has something to offer in its own way wheather it is gas mileage, performance, comfort, economy, style, or something else. EVERY CAR is good in it's own way. Just learn to appriciate them all for what they offer, and you might discover some things you never even knew you liked 8)
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Postby 88 aries » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:17 am

im not saying ure a bad person or anything, im just one of these young gentlemen that think like an adult. IM not a hothead or anything, i just hate it when people talk like the man with the paper asshole :lol:
88 aries

Postby 88 aries » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:22 am

1of10K wrote:I vote to get the Lebaron and strip the turbo and the turbo hood off and put it in your regular K! Tthat will really raise questions at the car show! Wanted to do that with mine, but not sure if the swap would be a bolt in or what with the wiring and all. But it still would be easier than dealing with all the rust. If the rockers are gone, i bet there is alot more that got eaten away or is about to!!

its very rusty, the outer rockers are gone, but when i saw that the inner rockers were gone, BIG PROBLEM!!!!! so i passed on it, going to look for one that is in decent shape.
88 aries

Postby taxiguy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:47 am

Call me an idiot, but I've honestly never heard that expression before... care to elaborate on this "paper asshole"? I would do a web search but I'm afraid at what might come up :mrgreen:
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Postby 88 DODGE » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:38 am

Lol.. hey guys we wouldn't want to cause a stir while 89Aries is gone, do we? Remember new guests are watching! :lol:
88Aries: So the lebarons body is pretty bad.. which sucks, but is it worth buying it maybe for the turbo? How much were you planning on buying it for?
88 DODGE

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries LE

Postby Baron » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:01 am

taxiguy, that is an impressively long list of cars to have driven at your age (I think you and I actually discussed this once before), but in looking at the majority of the years of the cars you've driven, those are all pretty average, get you from point A to point B kind of cars. I have to wonder what it would be like to stick you behind the wheel of a REAL [muscle]car, like a 60's-era Roadrunner, or a 68 Dodge Charger 426 hemi. etc, or even something more basic, like the 65 Ford 390 4-speed I owned for a while. Cars like that were a pure pleasure to drive!

The one thing I think is a shame from all of the vanilla imports/domestics we have nowadays is that the new generation may not ever experience what "real" (yeah I know that's a loose/broad definition) cars used to be like. Although, I also wonder if one reason why the ones in this club who are so young appreciate the K-car so much is perhaps because the K-car comes closest to the way those cars used to be than anything else you may have driven. And, while I'm editorializing- I think of all the companies out there, Chrysler has tried the most, and come the closest, to putting that excitement back in their cars. I'm hoping that even after everything that's happened recently, they will still be able to continue that effort. Anyway, that' my opinion for the two cent's, you-still-get-change, its worth.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby 88 aries » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:56 pm

88 DODGE wrote:Lol.. hey guys we wouldn't want to cause a stir while 89Aries is gone, do we? Remember new guests are watching! :lol:
88Aries: So the lebarons body is pretty bad.. which sucks, but is it worth buying it maybe for the turbo? How much were you planning on buying it for?

the guy wants a whooping 500 dollars for it, the car is only like worth 200. Say if i do it get, maybe i will just build a sleeper K, body looks kind of crappy but under the hood. FUEL INJECTED TURBO RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!

also some shelby rims i could put on to hint that its no junker.
88 aries

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects