HEY ALL 88 ARIES K (NY)

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

HEY ALL 88 ARIES K (NY)

Postby 88ARIESK » Wed May 21, 2008 12:30 am

Hey my name is mike and i have an 88 aries L.E 2.2 k car,my grandma got the car from her bestfriend who purchased it new from a local dodge dealer in 88,the little old lady always garaged the car and only drove it locally.Untill she got ill and was moving so she gave it to my grandmother who was drving a beat up 88 cutluss that we sold for 500$ when she got the aries.My grandmother got the car with 12,500 orignal miles on it i was shocked at how good the car looked it shined better then new cars and was in show room condition.Unfortinitly my grandmother couldnt enjoy it for long as she passed away from cancer less then a year of reciving it.Since then me and my father have taken over the k-car we both have other cars,so i usually drive the k-car daily ive taken it on 2 hour drives to new jersey and sat in about 4 hours of traffic coming home.As of now the k-car has 26,200 miles on it since owing it ive had to replace the valver cover gasket as it was leaking a bit,installed a new gas tank the orignal one was rusted and was slightly leaking,front brake calipers the factory ones rusted shut.An mostly recently last summer the a/c lines rusted and was leaking fluid.Other then that ive changed the oil every 2,500 miles since having it fuel filter change air filter change the basic stuff factory tires were dry rotted had them replaced,I always keep the car clean i wax it about twice a month and keep the interior extremely clean.As of now the car runs like a champ a/c blows cold,heat blows hot not one thing wrong with the car.Its great to see people still driving the car most dodge fans dislike the most.

-Mike (sorry for the bad pictures its pouring out)

88ARIESK

Car Information: 1988 dodge aries k

Re: HEY ALL 88 ARIES K (NY)

Postby 88 aries » Wed May 21, 2008 5:40 pm

nice aries, looks like the steering wheel could use some help, check out my aries on the members forum and my reliant on http://www.cardomain.com/plymouth reliant
88 aries

Postby dodgeariesguy » Sun May 25, 2008 1:55 pm

You may have already done so but living in the Northeast it would be a grand idea to check your front floor pans as my '87 Aries only has 44,000 miles and there is a medium hole rusted in my front passenger floor pan! So keep an eye on them they seem to have gone fast on all my K-Cars but thats the price for me living in Canada.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby RichG » Tue May 27, 2008 11:28 pm

Nice! Cheap to drive and comfy. Nice Score!
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Postby 1986Kar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:17 pm

1986Kar

Car Information: 1986 T & C Wgn., 1986 Aries LE, 1988 Aries LE

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects