CHRYSLER E-Class

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: CHRYSLER E-Class

Postby polonez » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Thank 1of10K,Aries, Chief!, Aries was ok with the translator and 1of10K you write well!

I want just ask you something guys , i receive today my radiator that i buy on Rockauto, is a VISTEON 883, How you can see in the photo in the radiator you have 2 oil cooler line.
In my E class the original radiator dont have this 2 oil cooler line, so what i should Do?? plug this 2 oil cooler line?, in the end of this cooler line you can see a little black palastic cap (that you can remove) maybe this caps serve to plug the cooler line!?

Thank for your help
[url]Image[/url]
polonez

Car Information: chrysler e-class 2.2 turbo

Postby 88 aries » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:49 pm

i will take a look at my Reliant, we put a new rad in 2 years ago. it looked something like that. but since yours is a turbo maybe the 2nd one is for the turbo or something like that.
88 aries

Postby 88 aries » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:14 pm

wait i just remembered something, only the bottom one is the cooling line to the transmission i think.
88 aries

Postby polonez » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Aries in my old radiator i have not the 2 "gold" colour cooler line ' (1 on the top and second in the middle betwen coolant hose and transmission line).
In the new radiator that i received there is this 2 cooler lines (gold colour i nthe photo) so i think i should plug it because in my car any hose go to this cooler line
polonez

Postby 88 aries » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 pm

plug it, and if you want you can call me by my real name which is justin
88 aries

Postby polonez » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Thank you Justin, i gonna plug it, i need your advice, what i can put to plug this 2 holes, maybe some engine Loctite silicone (i dont know the english name) that i can put into the "gold" hole.?!
polonez

Postby polonez » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:59 pm

I find that for plugg the hole : LOCTITE® 3463™ is a versatile, single component, easy to
use, steel filled epoxy repair putty. It is applied like a putty and
when cured it has a high compressive strength and good
adhesion to most surfaces. This product stops leaks in pipes
and tanks, fills oversized bolt holes, smoothes welds, and
repairs non-structural defects in castings holes in tanks. This
product is typically used in applications with an operating range

I can put this loctite INTO the "gold colour hole"to plug it
polonez

Postby MyDodgeDip » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:16 am

Those are for the transmission cooler and should be hooked up, not plugged. If the old radiator didn't have them it could have been replaced with one from a manual transmission car. Look on the front of the transmission for a hose looping in and out of the trans to see if someone has bypassed it.
MyDodgeDip

Postby capev86 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:54 am

this is a good forum for info relating to the original K's (body and interior wise), but you should check out turbododge and turbo-mopar for info relating to your turbo engine, etc. the original K's may not have gotten all the hot parts found in later years. but thankfully every car based on the K chassis (Spirit, Dynasty, Daytona, Shadow, Lebaron, etc) can donate engine assemblies and chassis parts as long as you swap the parts as part of a system (certain things go together). that is a beautiful car and i also wish you the best!
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Previous

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects