I learned something new today.

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

I learned something new today.

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:58 am

Well, I learned something new today. A member of mine gave me some leadership counseling. That email I sent to Lee Iacocca had a tone of negativity that was unwarranted. I am also told I rub people the wrong way and am called a little "anal retentive." I get upset when people disagree with me. I hope I have not burned too many bridges. Anyway, I will try to do better and we will make CKCC the best it can be. We are not going to die. We have potential. We CAN SUCCEED.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: I learned something new today.

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:25 am

We "all" can learn from our mistakes!!

:mrgreen:
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby Baron » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:04 pm

I have to admit I noticed the same thing about the email. I think its just a matter of learning how to express yourself a little more tactfully (to be honest, I think its one of the things a lot of people forget when posting on the internet, and a lot of feelings are hurt unnecessarily,as a result). To illustrate-

You could tell someone, "You're so ugly your face would break a clock!"

Or you could be tactful and say, "You have a face that makes time stand still."

Extreme example, I know, but it should illustrate the point.

I hear people use the excuse, "I just tell it the way it is." But that just means they either don't care, or are too lazy, or- if I'M being kind- just never learned how, to try to say things in such a way that the other person gets the point without being hurt.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby Butch » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Telling it the way it is isn't an excuse, it's reality. I've learn good lessons in life by those who told me thats the way it is. Doctors have no choice than to tell it like it is, do they.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Chief » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:50 pm

There is nothing wrong in telling like it is, supplying unwanted information and going totally off-subject is telling it like it isn't! If I want to know if we're getting together on Tuesday, a simple "Yes" or "No" is telling it like it is. Telling me all about your cat's birthday on Tuesday and what you're doing for the cat, is unnecessary information that I'm not remotely interested in, and is not germane to the subject matter. People want to hear about mutual experiences, common subjects and shared interest, outside of that they really don't care and don't want to know. Whether you're writing a business letter or just trying to get your point across, stick to the subject matter, it totally streamlines your communication channels.
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby Baron » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Sorry, guess I didn't phrase that very well.

I didn't mean you never tell the truth, or "tell like it is". I just meant some people use it as an excuse to say what they say in a nasty way. That is what I think is unnecessary.

I don't imagine a doctor will just walk in and blurt out, "You're gonna die." I suspect they will pick their words very carefully as they tell you the truth, and probably try and do it in as easy, kind, thoughtful and respectful way as possible. Telling it like it is, but tactfully- in a respectful way, is simply making an effort to tell the truth without bashing someone over the head with it. There's a reason why Mary Poppins said a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Don't know if I'm explaining myself any better or not. Maybe I'm being too tactful? :lol:
Baron
Car Fan

Postby Chief » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Your point is well taken, you want the truth, but you don't want to be clubbed over the head with it! How you say something is also extremely important!
Chief

Postby Baron » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi Chief, sorry, somehow I didn't really notice your post earlier, but yeah, you got that right, sticking to the subject is also important. Otherwise, our minds kind of start glazing over what's being said. Like the time I was goin

uh, where was I? 8)
Baron
Car Fan

Postby Chief » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:02 pm

:lol: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Chief

Postby Silverbeard » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Constructive Criticism can also be applied to situations, that is if the person has both ears listening and brain engaged but if that fails, just 'tell it like it is'. :mrgreen:
Martin
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects