SuperK owner here

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

SuperK owner here

Postby sammyb » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:33 am

You won't find many collector car journalists who are also in love with a SuperK platform vehicle, but I'm one. I still regularly drive the '86 Dodge 600 ES Turbo convertible that my father bought new, and that I took my driver's test in when it still had new-car smell. I've owned plenty of of cars -- dozens of convertibles, and that '86 is one of my all-time favs. So comfortable, fun and versitile. Right now my 600 ES shares a garage with a Triumph TR3, C5 Corvette convertible and Ferrari 328 GTS. The 600 ES is pretty much bone stock, with the exception of the K&N air filter...the last 0-60 test I did with an accelerometer was 7 seconds...not bad for 87,000 miles!

As for me -- I write columns such as "Sound Classics" (including an online version for Cardomain.com) and an online blog site called "The Four Wheel Drift" at fourwheeldrift.wordpress.com .
sammyb

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600 ES Turbo Convertible

Re: SuperK owner here

Postby KCARFANSINCE1981 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:18 pm

I find it funny that the original gilded lilly versions(Dodge 400/Chrysler LeBaron) of the original Ks was termed "in house" as "Super Ks",while the 1985 restyled Aries and Reliant was openly called "the Super K" in television commercials.I am surprised they didnt incorporate a superman crest (like Pontiac did with GTO) into the "K" on the decklid.
KCARFANSINCE1981

Car Information: 81aries 85aries past family cars

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects