Fact of life, a lot of people abuse their Ks.

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Fact of life, a lot of people abuse their Ks.

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:49 pm

It still amazes me that these cars are so unloved and abused. It makes no logical sense to me at all. Even Ford Pintos are treated better than K-cars. The other odd thing is nearly every LeBaron TC Wagon I find is in good to pristine shape, but Reliants or Aries always have some body damage or scuff mark. It makes no sense to me at all. How can people hate the K-car. :mrgreen:
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Fact of life, a lot of people abuse their Ks.

Postby 1986Kar » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Last edited by 1986Kar on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1986Kar

Car Information: 1986 T & C Wgn., 1986 Aries LE, 1988 Aries LE

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:08 am

Watching a You Tube clip of Red Green converting a rare 1984 Aries coupe into a Zamboni machine (and poorly I might add),he stated that you could use any car for that matter,but what better car to get revenge on?
Revenge for what? Being so popular in Canada? I bet Steve Smith never even owned a K car in his life. So what revenge are we talking? Is it made up,Hollywood type humor? Why be mad at a carline that re energized a whole corporation? That saved thousands of American and Canadian jobs? That was cheap and frugal with gas? That could seat the whole family? Would they rather every K car be destroyed and every Toyota or Datsun survive? Get with it people,this is an American comeback story here,a living legend,not something to take lightly. Destroy a K? Or any Chrysler product of the 80s? Heck no! And for those willing to,I will give you $100 to take it off your hands if you hate it that much. Got a Rampage or Shelby Charger that you cant stand the looks of....well,here I am....
88AriesLEwagon

Postby nszotovich » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:49 am

It is a car that is ridiculed because it's remembered. They are an easy target, like the Edsel, or Pinto (which were no worse than their contemporaries), but had a lot of bad press and are remembered for that. The press on K-cars was mostly positive at the time, but over time has (Undeservedly) turned into an object of scorn for no reason other than it was and American appliance during the Japanese renaissance. Japanese products were never better than they were than,nor will they ever be again. Yet the media still wants you to believe they are the pinnacle even now.
Perception is not reality.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm convinced that Toyota,Honda...etc are today living off a reputation they earned years ago.
They are cheapened today to the point of failing like any other car.All these Toyota/Honda recalls are proving that daily.
If a 2010 or 2011 Toy/onda lasts 20 years and 300K miles it will be a miracle.
88AriesLEwagon

Postby Butch » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:29 am

People abuse all cars, I've already worked on some beat up Vipers at work. Now how in the world could anyone beat up a $90K car ? My wife beat the crap out of every car she ever owned.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects