parking next to another k-car

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

parking next to another k-car

Postby 88 aries » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:05 pm

ok, so today i went to the bank and it just so happens that somebody had their lebaron parked, so with it being the same color i parked next to it, i wanted a picture but the owner was standing their, it was loaded it had the digital dash, power windows, and not to much rust.

he looked at my reliant the whole time, even when i drove off, i guess he likes mine better than his.
88 aries

Re: parking next to another k-car

Postby 84Aries » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:12 am

Today I went to the local Wal-Mart in Peterborough and noticed the same Light Blue LeBaron Sedan. Must be someone that works there but I always park beside it in the lot. I am trying to find out who drives it. I think its an 85 or 86 maybe older.
84Aries
Car Fan

Car Information: finding another one

Postby 88 aries » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:44 am

do what i do when i see a k-car, remember the color then if it stops at a gas station ask the owner or person that gets out, and ask them is that your car
88 aries

Postby Chief » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:03 am

We need to make up some Chrysler K-Car Club business type of cards with the web-site address that invites a newly discovered owner to join us on-line! That way, every time we run accross one we can "TAG" it. We can keep them in the glove compartment box for those necessary occasions! :wink: :D

Peace,

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby dodgeariesguy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:54 am

Chief wrote:We need to make up some Chrysler K-Car Club business type of cards with the web-site address that invites a newly discovered owner to join us on-line! That way, every time we run accross one we can "TAG" it. We can keep them in the glove compartment box for those necessary occasions! :wink: :D

Peace,

Chief

Here you go Chief (Just an idea I would like some feedback though before anyone prints any off and Guys permission):
Publication1.jpg
Publication1.jpg (24.09 KiB) Viewed 7673 times
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby 1of10K » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:01 am

Good idea, unfortunately, most of the remaining k cars and their cousins left around here are being used as last ditch transportation by their owners and none seem to be destined to be saved. How about club t shirts??? That would really get people talking!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby Chief » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:54 pm

The card is PERFECT!!!! There should also be a spot, even on the back of the card, to show who they were referred by. I really love the T-Shirt idea also, that would be nice to wear at our functions!

Chief

P.S. Guy, I'm glad you liked the emblem! :wink:
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby dodgeariesguy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Its a great emblem I have a K-Car sticker with the K just like that on it and good idea for the space on the back, I know what you mean like the space on the back of a check for endorsing it. T-Shirts sound cool too!
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby capev86 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:00 am

hey....i have experienced the same thing.

back at the beginning of the decade i was driving an 88 aries le sedan gray 4 door to college. another student was driving almost the exact same car except her's had barely a hint of rust. i currently have an 89 lesabre limited that is black saphire (very very dark blue) and a lady that is a frequent customer at my place of work has a nearly mint 90 model that looks just like it...only less dents and again no rust. finally....my mom told me years ago when my light cream 86 aries wagon was still the family vehicle (12+ years ago) that she had gone to open the door and found she was opening the wrong car.....that color/body combination was very popular back in the day. its been a long time since i saw k cars on the road regularly, let alone a cream colored wagon.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects