What was your most unusual job??

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

What was your most unusual job??

Postby 1of10K » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Just a fun post, thought it would be interesting to hear about any unusual jobs any of us may have had.

I had a few:

Part time Bartender at Chuck-E-Cheese ( I was the only one there who was over 18, so I was the only one who could legally make a wine cooler. Their version was a glass with 1/2 Mountain Dew and 1/2 wine)

Full Service Gas Station Attendant ( Filled the gas, checked the air in tires, checked all the fluids, and washed the windows of every car )
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Re: What was your most unusual job??

Postby nszotovich » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:33 pm

I worked at a "Plant Catering" business where we maintained house plants and decorated celebrity homes with plants and flowers for their parties and charity events. Our biggest client was Nancy Reagan during the time Ron was Governor of CA. I was in my twenties (that will give you an indication of how old I am). Poor Nancy tried to be nice, but she really was a first class bitch. Her "will" got Ron the presidency There are many funny stories but this site is not the venue for them.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby 1983EClass » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Burgerking 'flippin burgers' 1st time
Mcdonalds 'fryin fries'
Burgerking 'also flippin burgers' 2nd time
United Battery Systems Inc. 'selling, installing, well batteries for cars' 1st time
In yard log truck driver. 'unlicenced, unbonded, uninsured, no cdl, driving around 80,000 ton trucks behind 3 storys of log piles.
United Battery Systems Inc. 'asst manager/manager, stood around watching others install batteries/alternators' 2nd time
FIsh processing. 'mobile fisherys, not a good place to be'
Fish processing. 'not mobile, when the smell hits you wish you were'
advanced plant science, 'filling and preping bottles of fert for sale, distribute.
1983EClass

Car Information: 1983 E Class, Black on silver w/ red cloth inside.

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Chrysler dealer service dept back in the day,
and in auto parts for many years.
Yea,ho hum jobs.
But the stories one could tell...
88AriesLEwagon

Postby Butch » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Shoveling cow shit out of a barn into a shit spreader that I drove onto the mans crops sending cow shit every where. Yea, those wre tought times for me when I lived back in Michigan.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:41 pm

I think Butch has us all beat for the most unusual job! No shit!! :lol:
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Sounds like a pretty shitty job.
88AriesLEwagon

Postby 88 aries » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:01 am

working as a detailer in a chevrolet dealer ( cutbacks)
working as a detailer in a shady used car lot (fired)
worked as a dishwasher (quit pain in the ass)
worked as a feeder aide in a nursing home ( postion cut )
now im workin as a transporter for another nursing home, I drive people where ever they want to go to such as the mall and I get paid for walking around too :D
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:22 am

Thats gotta be fun Justin. Driven any OLD cars with this job, lol.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 82Lebaronconv » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:48 pm

I think I may have all of you beat as far as having an unusual job.

In 1976, I was an impoverished college student and badly needed a summer job to help pay expenses for the coming fall semester. My mom, who worked for the State of Connecticut at the time, managed to land me a summer job with the state Department of Transportation (DOT). Only problem was that the job was for a Roadkill Collector and paid a grand sum of $2.10 an hour! I have many funny stories from that summer, but one in particular stands out - the time I was nearly flattened by a speeding semi as I attempted to retrieve the body of a dead cat from the center of a busy freeway.

The guys in the DOT called what I was assigned to as the "DA Patrol". We would ride around in big trucks all day looking for dead animals (DA's) to pick up. Our supervisor would also drive around in a state car (an incredibly trashed solid black Dodge Dart that was literally held together with duct tape). and call us over the radio whenever he spotted something. On this particular day, the supervisor called in with a report of a DA in the southbound lane of I-91, just below the Wallingford, CT rest area. We arrived on the scene and immediately spotted a white and black feline lying in the middle of the right lane, obviously quite dead. My driver pulled onto the shoulder and ordered me to go and retrieve the cat. I opened the door and stepped out just as a speeding semi roared past, practically taking the door out of my hand. Had I stepped out one second earlier, I probably would have ended up like that cat. I saw the the semi hit the cat and it flew through the air, just like a bird, landing at least 10 yards away. I started running after it with my shovel, but by the time I got to it, it had been hit several more times and there wasn't a whole lot left. Later, one of the other drivers told me that a few years earlier, a DOT worker had been killed while picking up a large piece of plywood that had fallen off of a truck. A gust of wind blew him into the path of an oncoming tractor trailor, and that was it. That made me feel so much better. Just another day on the DA Patrol. I still can't believe that I agreed to do such a nasty and potentially dangerous job for so little money.
82Lebaronconv
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects