East Coast LeBarons

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

East Coast LeBarons

Postby jhkaster » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Howdy All,

I live in Charlotte NC and I have two K-LeBarons:
    1982 Chrysler LeBaron Medallion Mark Cross Convertible - 41k original miles
    1985 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Turbo Coupe - 46k original miles

They are part of my small 6 car collection. But of all my cars, I enjoy driving these LeBarons more than any others, even more than my 2 year old Jag.

Besides these LeBarons, I also have a couple of Lincolns and a Mercury. You can see pics of my cars at this link:
http://www.lincolnversailles.com/collection.htm

My 1982 LeBaron convertible has an incorrect hood with turbo vents due to damage and replacement by the previous owner to the front end. He even put a New Yorker grille on it when it was repaired. I've corrected this. Later, I'll place the proper hood on it. The top was in great shape, except the rear plastic curtain. I replaced teh curtain and decided to replace the top while I was taking it apart only because there were some slight stains I could not get out of the top.

My 1985 LeBaron coupe has the best seats. They are so comfortable. And the car is spunky. I added a center stack console from a New Yorker, an after-market auto dimming/temp/compass rear view mirror and NOS wheel covers from a 1994 LeBaron. I like the two-tone exterior and interior. Unexpectedly, the car gets lots of compliments when I drive it on routine errands.

I look forward to reading and sharing stories.
---James
jhkaster

Re: East Coast LeBarons

Postby Silverbeard » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi James, your avitar looks very familiar, something like this one that I have been driving for 21 years.
Can you post a pic. of your 85 as well.

Martin

Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby Silverbeard » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:52 pm

OK James, I looked at your collection, thought I had enough to drive with three cars. Must agree that the LeBaron has the most comfortable seats.

Martin

Cars1.jpg
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby MFF3 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:10 am

Hi. Nice line-up. In addition to your LeBaron, I really like that Lincoln Mark III. I also have a 1982 LeBaron Convertible. I recently attended a car show where they parked me between a Charger and a Barracuda. Both won trophies. Not much respect for the K-Car, yet. Last year I won 2nd in my class (1973-1982). My friends asked if there were only two cars in that class. - Mike
Attachments
Car Show September 2008 004s.jpg
Car Show September 2008 004s.jpg (196.46 KiB) Viewed 2799 times
1982 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
1979 Mercedes-Benz 450SL Convertible
MFF3
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible

Postby RichG » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Ive had my 84 for two years (third owner). Just recently the brakes started acking up; feels like I have no power brakes at low revs. Prob a vac leak. But, I digress. Nice collection, glad to see the K cars in such nice condition, and the Continental is outstanding. I used to have this 91 Tempo (found it in 2003 with 23,000 orig miles), but sold it when i found the LeBaron.
Sideview.JPG
1991 tempo.jpg
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects