k-car against K-car

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

k-car against K-car

Postby 88 aries » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:20 am

so today i was k-car hunting, well anyways the k-car that i want to buy came to the stop light i rolled down my window and said to the girl want to race, sure enough she wanted, the carbed 2.2 had no chance against my fuel injected 2.2 with the time set to 14 degrees and the spark plugs gapped to 40. I didnt even have to floor it ( i never floor my k-car unless i have to pass some one) I left that 85 aries in the dust. I got to admit i was quite fun. THE RELIANT IS GOING INTO WINTER STORAGE AND IM NO LONGER USING IT AS A SUMMER CAR, IT CURRENTLY HAS 97,300 ON HER,

Things im going to do are before i put it away.

put up on a hoist and finish my undercarage that i painted silver it looks great by the way.
Take off tires and paint the out inside and out side of the brake roaters
Paint the supesension and axle bar in the rear.
AND GET SOME WHITE WALLS AND I SHOULD BE DONE
88 aries

Re: k-car against K-car

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:47 am

One of our members here in So.Cal raced a Honda with his pristine 86 LeBaron Coupe 2.2 Turbo at 63,000 miles. For some mysterious reason, he beat the Honda and threw a bearing. The engine still runs with a loud tapping noise. I don't get it, how do you throw a bearing by accelerating from a stop! Low on oil, too old, sitting too long? Then I realize how many times I have floored my car from a stop, screeched my tires, and gotten away with it. I mean, my car has 127,000 miles. What gives? I really hate flooring my K-car, but sometimes I've had to. I have even on occassion floored the car from 35-65 mph, heard the engine screaming in increasing RPMS, sound like it was going to overscream, and finally downshifted into cruise at 65mph. In fact, my car is faster then most cars in the 0-35 mph zone. However, I realize my car is older and too take it easy. I also don't gun it anymore on start-up. I have had this car 5 years and 77,000 miles and have had at least 10 real close calls and been rearended twice in it. As Aries88 said, time to retire it for show and get some other beater as a daily driver. I almost lost the car today because of the bozo in the white car with road rage. I have had one other driver put their car in front of me as a roadblock before. I would have done better if I had not had the angry attitude today that "everyone on the road is stupid and out to kill me". In LA, more often that not, that does seem to be the case. We know of people killed and maimed in the crosswalk in front of our office. I get angry when I see people driving without any care or concern for others. When I drove the 63 Studebaker, people were honking me, cutting me off, and telling me to go faster. Nobody cares anymore.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Baron » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:01 am

As long as you're not going slow in the left lane, I've got no problem. But if you're in the left lane and refusing to move over to let the faster traffic go by, I'll run you over too, K car or no K car. (Not saying that's what YOU'RE doing, but I have no patience with left laners who think all they have to do is point their car down the road and make everyone else do the driving for them. Don't they ever see the signs on the freeway that say Slower Traffic Keep Right? That sign alone proves they are NOT the ones in the right, no matter what they may think. And so what if they're going the speed limit and the one behind them wants to go faster. They're not the cops. Go ahead and pull over and let the CHP catch them (which they won't be able to do as long as the stupid left laner continues to impede their movement). (sorry, my pet peeve- and Californians do it the WORST)

Duncan
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby Baron » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:07 am

Sorry, I just read your account in the other thread. You had good reason to be upset with such stupid drivers. Personally, I think California is starting really experience the effects of not requiring Drivers Training in school for some time now. All kids have to do is wait until their right age, pass a test and get a license. They end up on the road with absolutely no idea of how to drive- much less how to be a good- and safe- driver. If they did, would they be cruising down the road ignorantly ignoring everyone else while they gab on their cell phone? They still don't realize that they're basically sitting in a guided missile. Anyway, glad you weren't hurt- nor your car.
Baron
Car Fan

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:15 am

What got to me was him putting his car infront of me. He just stopped. Why didn't he go right or why didn't he just go through the red light he had already run? We both acted out road rage. I tried to control myself, but then he called me mother f"""ker. The whole thing was stupid. I am sure this young dude thinks nothing of it and he may end up hurting someone. Anyway, its getting to the point now where I literally catch people trying to sideswipe me or people just accelerating almost to the back of my car before lane changing. I have seen too much excitement.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Baron » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:56 am

That's the scary part. Fortunately, no one got hurt- this time, but a driver like that will do something just as dumb- or dumber- again, and not everyone may be as fortunate the next time. Scaar eey!
Baron
Car Fan

Postby 84Aries » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:10 am

I raced a 96 GMC Sonoma 4x4 6cylinder light to light and come up a fender ahead somehow by the next light doing about 62miles, same lights later a young guy and a girl in a '03 Mazda 3 hatchback same lights got them by a car. I launched both times (slow launch at). Got ahead a bit when they switched to 2nd and 3rd gear as I only switched to second and they were manual.
84Aries
Car Fan

Car Information: finding another one

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects