Almost had a major accident. Driver with a BAD attitude.

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Almost had a major accident. Driver with a BAD attitude.

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:14 am

Well, I was on my way to work this morning. I was making a left at this crazy intersection in front of the school (CSUN) where one student had plowed into someone going 70 mph while he was on the cell and looking the other way. The light was red with a green arrow to make a left in the intersection. An uncommon and dangerous set-up. I speed up to make the arrow before it turns yellow. I swear I made the left on that yellow arrow. Suddenly, some young man in a roundish white car goes through the red light coming the opposite direction. I thought he was going to make a right in front of me and immediately braced for the unexpected. He slams on his brakes and puts his car right in front of me in the intersection while I am moving. I slam on my brakes and almost crash into him. I hear a loud screech as the car behind me slams on its brakes. We paused for a few seconds, and then he guns it and another car starts inching towards me from the right to force me to go faster. I gun it and I am just mad and a little shaken up.

In my rearview, the bozo in the white car starts a crazy U-turn and starts following me! He then speeds up along side me with his window down. I yell at him "Hey, why did you cut in front of me!" "He yells back "Hey, you mother f"""a, the light was red! I lost my temper and yelled "Hey, you mother f"'''a, I was turning on a yellow arrow and had the right of way. Then he yells, "You want to get out and discuss it!" I pull over and let him pass. I park on the side of the road, fearful he may have a gun and just wait to see what happens. Instead, he does another crazy U-turn and blows by going back to the school. Turned out he was afraid of me (I hope) as he saw me park. I was so darn stupid and darn lucky. I should never have cussed him. I should have ignored him completely. Too many self-centered people who don't care if they run down the old lady in the crosswalk. The fellow could have had a gun. I was in a bad mood because I was already half an hour late for work because the freeway turned into a parking lot and then I got stuck at that intersection. I will avoid that intersection like the plague!
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Almost had a major accident. Driver with a BAD attitude.

Postby 88 aries » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:26 am

guy, i know what you mean, sometimes when me and the Reliant are cruising down the highway i have people that try to pull out in front of me. Heres a story when i had the Aries out for a ride, this one young man who prevouslly had a blue k-car like mine, tried to rear end me with his chevrolet, if i wouldnt have kicked my Aries into passing gear she would have gotten hit,

People just dont care anymore, you are right, cars are nothing to the ordianary driver but for us car guys they are our babies.

You could prolly find a dodge spirit or a dodge shadow and drive that. They are somewhat like a k-car
88 aries

Re: Almost had a major accident. Driver with a BAD attitude.

Postby 84Aries » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:59 am

I have had similar experiences with drivers cutting my off on the freeway and tailgating me (nerve-racking). That is why im not using my Aries as a daily driver and getting something else in the spring for that. The Aries will be a weekend cruiser.
84Aries
Car Fan

Car Information: finding another one

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects