website and forum updates

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

website and forum updates

Postby 88 aries » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Ok this time there is no B.S, this forum is going to get replaced very soon in turn for a modern, freshened up one, the main page has already been refinished, the links have been redone as well. also there might be subforum for our findings, as it gets very cluttered with 89ARIES findings. also there will be a intergrated chat room within the forum, we have one already that I created as well. but none of you seem to use it. also some new policies will be put into context. Do we want this club to live or die? its your choice people, would you rather hear about rants about cars that are half dead or would you rather have a nice forum, that actually has to deal with shows, and info.

if you look at the forum taurus website its modern and up to date.

What do you as the public want? and please no worthless rants. I've heard enough of that bullshit.
88 aries

Re: website and forum updates

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:15 am

Okay!

Everytime I 'click" on the chat room this is what and others get:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The CKCC Live Online Chat Room
Come here if a tech does not respond to your auto repair needs right away. Come here to actually get to know people. Better yet, phone them once in a while. The purpose is to enable better communication.

You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

When you first created it, I was able to get in with "no" problem. After that I and others get the above message.

So possibly that may one of the reasons we don't use it. :mrgreen:

btw...Main Page looks good!!! Good Job!!
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby 88 aries » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:08 am

well the main page isnt updated yet, it's the same old boring crapae
88 aries

Postby Butch » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:32 am

What I want is to fix some K's for $$$$ so I can afford to go to Mopars at the strip.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:16 pm

88 aries wrote:well the main page isnt updated yet, it's the same old boring crapae

Hey...sorry but, I never actually go to the "Main Page" to log in. But when I read your initial post (above) I took it as you had already refurbished and finished the "Main Page". so with that, I went to the "Main Page" and it looked fine since I never actually have looked at it since I first joined... :mrgreen:

So I am now curious and anxious to see the NEW "Main Page" you have refurbished and finished!!

In response to your questions.

Being a member for going on 3 years, if I had not been looking for info on the "how to repair" crap on my K-car, I would have never joined, as there are very few sites that have any info on these cars.

As for me being on here weekly, most of the new members that come here, either are joining looking to sell their K-car, or buy a K-car, or most of them are looking for help with repair, and or parts.

I have seen very few join looking for upcoming "shows" to take their cars to.

Although I enjoy when you and charles post pics of "meets/shows" you attend and take pics of the cars that are there.
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects