Fleet in NJ - New Pictures 8/26

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Fleet in NJ - New Pictures 8/26

Postby MyDodgeDip » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:56 am

Hey All,

Just joined up here, been on allpar for years. I'm in central NJ (Where are the other Jersey guys?). If anyone needs parts, feel free to PM or E-mail me, I have a stockpile. My father also has a shop and knows how to work on old chryslers so if you have a K car in the area and need a real mechanic, let me know. I'll skip the rest of the life story and go right to the pictures of the fleet.

1986 Dodge Aries Coupe, 101K, 2.2 auto. Saved from an unknown fate, sat on craigslist for months before I went to look and was within a scappers price range.

1986 Dodge 600 Convertible. 130K, 2.2 Auto. Saved from the scrapyard. Sat in a field for 10 years, owner tried to fix it and made it worse. Got it running and working on cleaning it up now.

1991 Chrysler Imperial. 3.3 auto. Had this one for years, picked it up for my wife (girlfriend at the time) when she started commuting to college. Had 95K, now it's over 150K. Only major repairs were a rear beam swap to replace a rusty one, ABS removal and a small trans repair.

1993 Chrysler Imperial, 99K, 3.8 auto. Saved from the scrapyard. Had a rusted out rear spring perch and the shop told the owner that it would be over a grand to fix. It only had 68K on it so Picked it up, swapped in the rear beam and enjoyed it. Needs the ABS removed, On the list for this spring.

And my other love, M bodies. 1978 Chrysler Lebaron Coupe. 360-4bbl, black on black leather interior, sunroof, aluminum road wheels.

Last edited by MyDodgeDip on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MyDodgeDip

Re: Fleet in NJ

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:58 am

Welcome aboard!!!

All VERY sharp rides!!!
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby 88 aries » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:21 am

Ive seen you on allpar before manytimes :D glad you could check out the forum, it is about to go through a little remodeling soon.
88 aries

Postby Butch » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:19 am

That's the 1st and only Aries I ever saw that I thought looked good. The color combo makes a big differance. Even thu I hate whitewalls.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby 88 aries » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:04 pm

you must like the dull colors, or darker colors, butch; but yes I will have to agree it is a nice little coupe. im glad to see one that is in as good of shape as my cars are, instead of a junker.
88 aries

Postby Baron » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Nice cars, but I especially like that 78 LeBaron. I got one of those brand new and absolutely loved it, didn't want to get rid of it when I did- circumstances beyond my control at the time- and wish I still had it. I'd like to own one again one of these days.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Nice fleet of cars, I especially like the Imperials. Did your Imperials come with the full air bag suspension or only the rear air shocks. I heard taht the full air suspension can be problematic. Also, if you ever need to replace a spring perch again, there is a company in New England that makes up nice prefabricated units for the New Yorker/Imperial that can be welded in place. (See link below) The pre-fab parts might also fit the later seris K-cars with some modification. I think the rear springs are substantially the same size.

http://www.autorust.com/

Best Regards,
Ron
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby MyDodgeDip » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:42 am

Thanks Guys,

I love my 78 Lebaron, it's got a ton of things that make it really weird like the factory 360-4bbl, sunroof, black on black and the aluminum wheels. It's probably one of only a few they made like that.

I'm with Butch, I don't like the white, yellow/beige, silver or even the red on the original K Cars. I like the dark gray/dark blue and that lighter metallic blue color on them more than anything. The 600 doesn't look bad as a convertible in white.

I knew there were A.R.T. replacement parts around but I have a good junkyard source so I get most parts for free. Found a doner dynasty that T boned something and just swapped all the disc brake parts onto it. Thankfully my Imperials only had the load leveling rear suspensions, not full air suspension. I just swapped them over to stock new yorker/dynasty springs and shocks.
MyDodgeDip

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:12 am

I see the Aries had those deer whistle things on the front bumper,at one time.
88AriesLEwagon

Postby nszotovich » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:34 am

Welcome to the club. An impressive Collection. The 78 coupe is one I have always wanted.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Next

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects