What Happened?

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

What Happened?

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:57 pm

I dont know what brought this on,but I noticed I no longer have the "permission" to view Sales,Service,Technical threads.OK,so basically I have had enough.Try to help people out and these moderators think I am some sort of Spam bot...??? Guess what....I'm gone. You can have this site all to yourselves.I will continue to drive my car daily,keep it in the public eye,do what I can to promote the brand and the lineup from the 80s timeframe,but I obviously wont need this site anymore.I have tried buying things from people here,and they have turned out to be slackers,not returning e-mails etc.I have had way more success with EBAY and just people getting in touch with me randomly.Its a shame,because you would think a place dedicated to a line of vehicles would be more helpful than its been.I dont want to seem to be ranting on anyone in particular,but you all know who you are. I will keep up to date with certain K owners via Facebook,but wont be visiting this site ever again.Sorry,but thats just the way it is.
Sincerely...
88AriesLEwagon

Re: What Happened?

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:09 pm

I no longer have permission either. My guess is that several section of the forum has been under a spam attack recently and that this lack of permission is a way to shut down the sections with problems while the Webmaster tries to solve the problems.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Chief » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:34 pm

K-CAR_WAGON wrote:I no longer have permission either. My guess is that several section of the forum has been under a spam attack recently and that this lack of permission is a way to shut down the sections with problems while the Webmaster tries to solve the problems.

You are 100% correct, the site has been under a consistent barrage of spam attacks and the Webmaster has had no other choice other than to shut down certain sections of the forum as he continues to work on this difficult problem.

He is sorry for any inconvenience that this has personally caused anyone, but as I stated before, it is a problem that is temporarily out of his control . You do truly hate to see someone leave the the club because of a perceived misunderstanding. But we still wish them well and they they will always be welcomed back when they realize that it was nothing personal.
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby RichG » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Sorry to see him go, too. But you gotta have a thicker skin and more perseverance if yer gonna own a k=car...........
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Postby RichG » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Hey, I just noticed that the tech section is gone. Guess that's what the topic above was about. I have a friend in Arizona who is a web hoster, if Guy needs help, I could see if Tony could do something for us. Spam sucks ( but we all know it (.
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:02 am

Recently, it seems to come and go for me from log in to log in or sometimes it disappears when I change screens - sometimes it comes back for no apparent reason. Recently, whenever it appears I can access it. A few days ago it was appearing more consistently but telling users that they did not have the proper authorization to access the section.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Chief » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:13 am

I just want to say thank you all for hanging in there while our Webmaster (Charles Coulombe) tries to get this all sorted out. Rich, you might want to PM Guy or Charles about your friend in Arizona to see if there is any feasibility there. Please bare with us while we are experiencing these technical difficulties.

Thanks again,

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects