what is everyone up to

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

what is everyone up to

Postby 88 aries » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:04 pm

jeez....not many people posting around here.
88 aries

Re: what is everyone up to

Postby duked » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:43 pm

working on my brakes replacing some of the hardware, replacing the last of my old fuel lines, installing a new headlight dimmer switch, and jury rigging an old ford taurus radio into my dash since there's not a compatible mopar radio for under $50 in my area for some reason.
duked

Car Information: 1986 aries se

Postby 1of10K » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:28 pm

Finished detailing the lower edge of the '82 body where someone mis-located the jack and apparently used the lower lip to lift the car in the front, instead of the factory jack point. Some minor lip-bending with the needlenose pliers and a little paint and it is good as new.

The jack points are all solid and undamaged, but someone years ago must have not really cared or was in too much of a hurry.

You know it is a slow spring in Illinois when people lay on the ground studying the lower edges of a K car!!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby 88 aries » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:27 am

I just installed the correct color carpet on the 81, also fixed the passenger front floor, soon will be the lower rear back quarters. and the headliner
88 aries

Postby nszotovich » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:51 am

I have been detailing the interior of my new 85 LeBaron Turbo Coupe and have begun the same in the engine compartment. I'll be posting some pictures asap.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby Butch » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:49 am

I'm at work, have to hang out late while Chris dyno tunes a BMW drift car putting out over 600 HP. It's pretty freakin' loud right now. Did a little work to the pit scooter also.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Chief » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Butch wrote:I'm at work, have to hang out late while Chris dyno tunes a BMW drift car putting out over 600 HP. It's pretty freakin' loud right now. Did a little work to the pit scooter also.

Butch...you got to post some pix of these incredible rides! I'll see you tomorrow night! ;)
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby njr600 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Hey Everybody!! I may do an oil change this weekend coming up, depending on the weather. i think the old dodge is due for an oil change. Still trying to get the money together for a new top and eventually get the Dodge painted as well. Just got to do one thing at a time. Other than that it runs everyday, seems like my turbo has some lag, but when the car warms up a bit it goes away, i hate when i'm pulling out in traffic, takes a min to pic up and then i feel a boost of power lol. What is everybody else been up to??
njr600

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo

Postby nszotovich » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:10 pm

I am prepping my woody for the Chrysler Meet in Los Angeles this weekend. An oil change and new motor mounts. The poor things are 29 years old and tired. I have been feeling it when I shift out of park into drive or reverse. Then a wash, vacuum and detail and she is ready to go. :D
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby 88 aries » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:07 am

Preping the 81 because its nice out, completed so far:

carpet
repainted door jambs and sills
more de ziebarting of engine compartment

new shocks and struts

so basicly getting it ready for the 2011 car show season
88 aries

Next