Picked up some old car magazines

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Picked up some old car magazines

Postby Baron » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:59 am

I went to the first local and informal car show for this season and found they had boxes and boxes of old car magazines they were giving away. Guess a garage that had been open for many decades was closing down- due to retirement, I believe- so the owner was trying find someone who would take all the magazines he had gathered over the years. One of the show organizers said he would take them and did. He brought them to the car show for everyone to take home. I picked up about a half dozen from as early as February 1982 to as late as November 1984. I picked the ones I got because they had articles and reviews on some of the K-car based models of the time. Everything from a writeup on the new Le Baron convertibles (2/82) to some of the Lasers, Conquests and Omnis. I can try to scan and put up some of the pictures, articles- or even ads, if anyone would be interested in seeing them.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Re: Picked up some old car magazines

Postby Qysas » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Hey Baron,

Nice find for sure. I was wondering do you have any articles about the 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe?
1982 Le Baron Coupe.

All I have to say is Ride K-Cars Ride
Qysas

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron coupe

Postby nszotovich » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:16 pm

What a find. Can't wait to see some pictures.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby Baron » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Qysas wrote:Hey Baron,

Nice find for sure. I was wondering do you have any articles about the 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe?

My first impression is no, I only saw an article on the 82 LeBaron convertible. But I hope to look through them a little more thoroughly in the next couple of days, and will let you know if I find anything.
Baron
Car Fan

Postby Qysas » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Baron,

Thanks for looking. Either way though great find.
1982 Le Baron Coupe.

All I have to say is Ride K-Cars Ride
Qysas

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron coupe

Postby Baron » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:22 am

Well, there isn't quite as much material on K-cars as I was hoping there would be. There is the article I mentioned reviewing the coming LeBaron convertible in the February 1982 Car & Driver, an article on the upcoming Dodge 600ES turbo in the October 1983 Car & Driver and an article on the Dodge Omni GLH turbo in the May 1985 Car & Driver. Other than that, everything else is pretty much ads for Dodge Laser XEs and Plymouth Turismos and Dodge Shelby Chargers, etc., which I believe were K-car derivatives, but I'm not sure how interested anyone would be in seeing any such ads. If any of the above sounds interesting, just say so and I will see about scanning it and posting it one way or another.
Baron
Car Fan

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects